PDA

View Full Version : Flight Dispatch Coordinator

mb2ai
20th Nov 2006, 14:48
Hi,
I've just seen an ad for flight dispatch coordinators on AJS. Can somebody let me know what exactly in involved in this role. I've read some pretty negative things about this kind of work. Before I apply for it can someone fill me in or link me to some other info

Thanx again homies

older_wiser
21st Nov 2006, 07:53
The work will be enjoyable, just depends on the company.
I believe that the ad you refer too is for Servisair / penauille.
You would most certainly earn the salary on offer outside of the Airport (ie) Tesco's or macdonald's or even possibly on the Ramp or Check In:
http://www.aviationjobsearch.com/employer.asp?employerid=176&vacID=59273

boeingbus2002
22nd Nov 2006, 22:31
http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=225672

Atishoo
23rd Nov 2006, 10:15
I have applied for a Dispatch job with Servisair, and am still waiting on the outcome, where did you see the advert please? as i just called up Servisair on the off chance. I was told the job had to be advertised internally first and anyone interested would get interviewed, so just wondering at what airport and where you saw the advert.

mb2ai
1st Dec 2006, 12:16
I saw it for lgw on AJS.

Im going for an interview with them soon. Can anyone tell me if its worth going for....
Alot of ppl tell me that servisair arent a nice company to work for. Is there anyone here who works for them at lhr or lgw.
Also whats the prospects like; if I were to be accepted, where can I progress to?

MB

mb2ai
7th Dec 2006, 13:52
the interview lasted only about 15 minutes, didnt seem very professional at all. I had to really try and get some words in, quite a shambles really.
Was this to be expected from servisair?

Atishoo
10th Dec 2006, 21:46
LOL

and i thought i was the only one that came away thinking "did i just have an interveiw?"

Shame cuz i think Servisair are a pretty good company really, they just dont know how to write a letter of acknowledgement, or communicate generally really, when considering recruitment.:{

Wipeout
11th Dec 2006, 06:23
.....quite a shambles really.
Was this to be expected from servisair?

Theres a reason we call them 'Circusair' :E

Atishoo
11th Dec 2006, 20:42
;) Ohhhhhhhh Naughty Wipeout.......:=

diesel862
30th Dec 2006, 14:46
Servisair are a completely shambles in the handling department, cannot really comment on interviews as they wouldn't be able to afford my pay scale.

MAN are a rip off, SNN are even worse and imcompetant the only decent outfit are at NCL, but even then the pallets have to be shipped prior to Newcastle playing at home!! Can't have a potential customer / operator getting in the way of footie at St James park - and thats no bs either.

Cheers

D