PDA

View Full Version : Finally im here !!

Atishoo
20th Nov 2006, 13:54
Hi,

I recently found this site but had difficulties signing in, anyway im here now.

I have just had an interview with Servisair for a dispatch job, i have a few questions maybe some of you can help me with please.

1) Is the salary for real?? (£5.40per hr), this is a temp salary after 3 mths it goes up a bit, they didnt say to what though.

2) I was told to expect to work multiple weekends, (like 13 in a row), is that right or fair?

3) The job is advertised for 20hrs a week, but when i got to the interview they told me it could go up to around 37hrs a week, some weeks. Why dont they just advertise 37hrs in first place? didnt get that one either!!

The whole interview was a bit vague, they said they will do past and present employment checks and get back to me. If they offer me the job (which i would really love, as it looks so interesting) i seriously have to consider the vague hours and low salary, the hours worry me more than anything as, i dont know how many hours i will be doing until 7 days before the working week!! Is that normal??

thanks in anticipation
:rolleyes:

Ad!!!
20th Nov 2006, 18:11
Hi there.

First off just a couple off questions. Where have you applied for the job and what did you do previously?

Weekend working and working hours are dependent on what shift pattern you are on. On my shift I get about 3 weekends off every two months but I know some who get 1 weekend off a month and some that get 2 off a month.

Different bases get different wages and benifits. As a Servisair Dispatcher at Gatwick I get about £7.50/h and £212 shift pay a month, thats about 16.5 grand a year.

The hours worked in a week are the average taken for the whole month. I do 37.5 hours a week but because i'm doing a 6 on 3 off shift I could do more than the average or less than the average at any one week. It also could due to overtime as in this job overtime is easily available. I think they're just confusing you.

Atishoo
21st Nov 2006, 12:28
Ad....

When u were interveiwed for the job, were they specific abt the amount of hrs you would be doing? and also abt the salary too?

At this point i dont wanna say where the job is incase my new boss read it !!!

I'm really not sure at this point whether i will take it as im a mum of a young child and i think im increasingly seeing a Dispatch job seems to be for the childless !! pls correct me if any are mummies of young uns !!

if i do the amount of weekends they were saying it means i will never see my family, so im wondering whether the job really is for me, which is a shame cuz, the actual job i know i could do and do well, and really enjoy it. But its not always abt job enjoyment especially when u have a family to consider i guess