PDA

View Full Version : Access home computer when away.

sailor
20th Nov 2006, 11:38
You are away when you find you need something vital from your home machine; assuming it is switched on and online, or the missus can achieve that happy state for it, go www.logmein.com, follow the process and BINGO! tis done.
Clever stuff but how soon will someone else be able to do that without your username and password? Scary!

planecrazy.eu
20th Nov 2006, 11:53
Well i guess its good, but there have been things like this out for years and years... You can access your home pc from another pc/laptop using software built into windows. I worked for a company that had a website with an aplet which was an Server 2003 login screen and you could log in right in the browser...

This is making hacking easier, but i now make sure my passwords are charictor and numeric and up/lower case and over 10 chars

rotorcraig
20th Nov 2006, 18:24
You can access your home pc from another pc/laptop using software built into windowsYou can also look up VNC (stands for Virtual Network Computing) in Google and take your pick from various free 3rd party solutions, which don't rely on either end running Windoze.

RC