PDA

View Full Version : Tending to my email in Madeira

modtinbasher
20th Nov 2006, 10:59
I'm looking for advice please folks! I want to be able to access my email whilst I'm in Madeira.

I'm running XPHome Service Pack 2 and my ISP is Tiscali (so I know I won't get a lot of help from them)

I access my email at home via Outlook Express 6 (OE6) because I prefer it to the Tiscali mail, although my email address is ******@tiscali.co.uk. On occasion I've forgotten previous problems and clicked the email link on the Tiscali page, resulting in OE6 then not recognising my password until I've wiped the system and then restored it. It's a pain, so it's OE6 now or nothing!

So please guide me...allowing for the fact that I'm eternally thick!! Assuming I'm sitting in front of the PC in my hotel or internet cafe in Madeira, just what do I do next? Many thanks in advance,
Basher

mikeddavies
20th Nov 2006, 13:17
Using a web browser I go to www.mail2web.com, enter e-mail address and password - thats it! (I do not use Tiscali however!) but it works for me.

Good luck
MikeD

airborne_artist
20th Nov 2006, 13:59
MD's is quite the best solution to this problem. I use it regularly.

modtinbasher
20th Nov 2006, 18:44
Thank you Mike and AA for your responses.
I called up my email address through it without OE being connected and it revealed some mail, so, it looks like being a go-er. Thanks a lot again.

Tin