PDA

View Full Version : Garmin 1000 home training

flyingklunzy
17th Nov 2006, 20:43
Does anyone know the best and hopfully the cheapest home based garmin 1000 training software package for the diamond before I go off and fly the real thing so I am all ready and know how to operate it all.

Garmin has got a cd you can get on their website but can only post it to the USA.

littco
18th Nov 2006, 10:12
King Schools training do an interactive DVD which will train you for the G1000, which when I was in the USA was about $150. You can also buy from Garmin direct a Pc based simulator of the G1000, but you have to learn to use it yourself and I believe that is either free or around £5 from them

B2N2
18th Nov 2006, 15:17
You can download the Garmin 1000 manual for free:
www.garmin.com
Would have posted the complete link to it but the Garmin website seems to be malfunctioning right now.
King schools makes a good CD rom kit:
http://www.kingschools.com/productDetail.asp?itemNo=OOC%20KSA320

FlyingForFun
18th Nov 2006, 16:47
Do Garmin not still do the trainer software - a simulation which runs on a PC and lets you explore the GPS?

I have the Garmin 430 trainer on my PC, and someone offered me a copy of the Garmin 1000 trainer a while ago (which I declined because I had no use for it). I thought these were freely downloadable from the Garmin website, but a search of the website didn't turn up anything relevant at all (free or otherwise).

:confused:

FFF
-------------

flyingklunzy
19th Nov 2006, 08:57
Has anyone used that software from Garmin (the cd), if its good I will try and find an USA address I can post it to and then forward it on to the UK, if not will have to fork out to pay for software elsewhere as I dont think looking at just at the manual will be enough. I like fiddling with the stuff so I get used to what does what.

mccourtm
17th Jan 2008, 10:29
Is there anywhere in the UK or Ireland where the Garmin G1000 PC Simulator for Cessna can be bought? The Garmin website only lets you order on line if it's for shipping within the US only.

Martin.

OsPi
17th Jan 2008, 23:36
The simulator is okey, it gives you a pretty good feeling about where to find what in the G1000 system. Haven't used mine for more than half an hour though.

Anyway, what I really would recommend is the Diamond / G1000 video, works for Cessna drivers as well. View it a few times in the comfort of your sofa and you're well prepared.;)

Check your inboxes guys.

Superpilot
18th Jan 2008, 21:14
Call Garmin UK, they will be happy to send one out free of charge.

It's a great learning tool. I have 35 hours in a brand new G1000 172SP. Makes flying so much more enjoyable!

deathcruzer
27th Jan 2008, 21:48
This is an awful company unless you come from the states. The web site makes it difficult to contact them and when you do they don’t reply.
I was going to buy some stuff from them but with this kind of service i'm going else where.:rolleyes: