PDA

View Full Version : Florida car rental for young drivers

Oxeagle
17th Nov 2006, 09:18
Hi Guys,
Myself and a friend are looking at going out to Florida in February of next year for a week to have a look at an FTO, and we would like to hire a car whilst we're there. Problem is that i'm 18 and only have a year's driving experience, and most of these rental companies require you to be at least 21 :ugh: Does anyone know of a company that is willing to rent a car out to someone of my age?
Cheers,

Ox :)

heidelberg
17th Nov 2006, 09:48
I got 'ripped off' last year hiring directly from a well known company at Orlando Airport (MCO).It was the 'extras' for insurance etc which increased the final figure by a serioius amount.
When I got home I found the following internet UK car hire company -
http://www.1stfororlando.com/car-hire.htm
I have used them three times since including drivers age 21/25 at NO extra cost.
Their prices include full CDW insurance; unlike the internet quotes one gets from the car hire companies.
I finished up getting the cars - booked with 1st for orlando - from Dollar and Budget. I think they use Alamo too.
As for 18 year old - talk to them.

Oxeagle
20th Nov 2006, 09:05
Thanks for the link heidelberg, but I have already had a look at these two companies and they aren't willing to let anyone under the age of 21 hire out a car. Ah well, gues i'll have to get the bus :(