PDA

View Full Version : Powerproducer and Internet Explorer 7

VH-MLE
17th Nov 2006, 08:53
I have the Cyberlink DVD Solution program and through that Powerproducer for making DVD movies. At my first attempt at using it, I received a long and detailed error message ( part of which states: "http://liveupdate.cyberlink.com/b/b...... make sure the path or internet address is correct".

I contacted Cyberlink and they have advised me that Powerproducer doesn't work with IE 7 and that I should remove IE7 and install IE 6.

As I am not particularly computer literate I have a few questions for which I would be grateful for assistance please?

Q1. Has anyone else experienced this problem?
Q2. Is removing IE7 and replacing it with IE6 difficult and a recommended course of action?
Q3. Is IE 6 easily accessible and if so how do I get it?

Thanks in anticipation.

VH-MLE

Tarq57
17th Nov 2006, 10:27
1) No.
2) Shouldn't be, from many forum posts I've read, the procedure is to remove it using "add/remove programs" from the control panel. This presupposes that you are using windows, and had IE6 working as part of it before installing IE7.
3) It should be part of the OS (assuming windowsXP), it should just revert when you uninstall 7.
I'd be a little inclined to research the statement that this program doesn't work in IE7, just to be sure it is correct before making the change. Is there a support forum for Cyberlink? You might find there is a straightforward workaround.