PDA

View Full Version : Globespan yesterday GLA - ACE via EDI and FAO :-(

Daysleeper
17th Nov 2006, 08:25
I know its always complicated but my folks were on the flight and were curious as to why what happened happened.
Basically they were supposed to go GLA -ACE direct and ended up going first to EDI to pick up more pax and then tech stopped in FAO for fuel.
I'm guessing the crew had a bad day too....
if anyone wants to PM me rather than open post thats great.

bracebrace!
18th Nov 2006, 08:05
My parents are having a similar one coming back from FAO next week.

They can't fill the flight out of EDI or GLA so they're combining flights.

Not very nice when you buy tickets with them specifically because they are advertising them as 'direct'. :ugh:

TFlyguy
18th Nov 2006, 15:53
I think you'll find in airline terms "direct" means no change of aircraft as opposed to "non-stop"

Daysleeper
21st Nov 2006, 15:06
I think you'll find in airline terms "direct" means no change of aircraft as opposed to "non-stop"

Yeah great consolation to folk booking a 4 hour flight only to find after boarding its 9 hours in a DVT inducing seat. Thanks.:hmm:

bracebrace!
21st Nov 2006, 17:42
And I think if you look at the Globespan timetable they show it as NON-STOP!

luvly jubbly
22nd Nov 2006, 20:55
From Terms & Conditions on booking with GSM:

Changes to Flight Schedules
We reserve the right to amend, introduce stops, cancel or consolidate flights as necessary to achieve the high load factors required to maintain profitability whilst offering low fares. Whilst we will try to avoid making changes, we will of course notify you of any material change where it is practical to do so. In this instance we will contact you via your registered email address if the booking was made on the website. Only if the booking was made through our reservation office will you be notified by post. Therefore it is important to inform us of any changes to these details. Changes made at the last minute for industrial action; operational reasons etc; will only be posted on our website. For these reasons and because it is prudent to do so, you should utilise the reconfirmation link on our website prior to your departure, which allows you to view your booking 'live' in our system......