PDA

View Full Version : Win XP annoying shut-down

BOAC
17th Nov 2006, 07:44
Don't know if this follows an update or just the Google Toolbar 'flexing its muscles', but I was starting to get a hang on shut-down with 'TRd ww:xxxxx'.

It turned out to be a Google Toobar 'Notifier' and the only way I could get rid of it was with a prog called 'Enditall' which enables you to 'kill' processes that do not appear with CTR-ALT-DEL. It was probably in the registry but I am wary of that:eek:

Various web sites had suggested it was other progs causing the problem, but I'm sure it is the Google.

Oxeagle
17th Nov 2006, 16:04
So what exactly do you want to do BOAC? Do you still want to use Google Toolbar or do you want to remove it?

BOAC
17th Nov 2006, 16:31
Nope! It is running just fine without it and I should see any attempt to take away the 'G' search engine. 'G' toolbar runs just fine without it too. Mailwasher checks for Gmail every 10 mins so I reckon I can do without an annoying interference in shutdown!:ok:

planecrazy.eu
20th Nov 2006, 12:00
Not so sure, i dont have a system hang when i shut mine down, and i have all the google tools under the sun... Maybe i have different setting enabled but never had a problem, computers goes out light a light on shutdown... But if you dont need the app that you think is causing the hang, then un-install it or prevent it loading at start-up...