PDA

View Full Version : Missing icon

A Very Civil Pilot
16th Nov 2006, 15:19
I used to have a nice little 'radar' in the taskbar (the one in the bottom right of the screen) that showed me when a wireless network was around or not. A simple right click allowed me to log on/off.

Somehow it's disappeared and I can't work out how to get it back. I've tried all the properties and configuration tabs, but no luck. Any suggestions?

BOAC
16th Nov 2006, 15:24
Details of your OS helps! Mac/Linux/Win95/88/2000/ME/XP?????

Are you talking about the mini computer icon with 'waves'? In XP, rt click on the connection in 'connect to' and select the appropriate buttons.

A Very Civil Pilot
16th Nov 2006, 15:40
Sorry - 2000 professional

The icon should look like a little radar sweep. Green when the signal is good, red when not, and grey when switched off

BOAC
16th Nov 2006, 16:07
I think it is 'Network and Connections' or summat like, highlight the wireless conn, rt click, properties, and select 'show icon' .

A Very Civil Pilot
16th Nov 2006, 17:23
I've tried that, as well as the show icon in the wireless option in control panel. It used to be there until I clicked on 'hide icon'. I cant find anything to 'show icon'.

Saab Dastard
16th Nov 2006, 17:42
What application do you use to manage your wifi card? Windows or another?

Green when the signal is good, red when not,

It doesn't sound like the Windows taskbar icon for wifi connection.

SD

BOAC
16th Nov 2006, 17:42
Cannot help much more at the moment as I am in XP and have to reboot into 2000 to look round. Found this (http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000485.htm) if it is any help, but it looks as if you have tried it!:{

A Very Civil Pilot
17th Nov 2006, 07:36
Found it!! :ok:

If anyone is interested:

From the wireless configure screen:>tools>application settings>show icon tick box