PDA

View Full Version : typical roster?

LRpilot
15th Nov 2006, 14:42
:ugh: :ugh: It's not the first time I ask for this but I'm unable to find how is a typical roster for a pax fleet europe base;can someone(if actually exist.....)give me an idea about it(how many duty days,days off and leg...)?
Send me a private mail if you prefer,
many thanks in advance!!!

Numero Crunchero
15th Nov 2006, 15:44
CX is very keen on data privacy so it isn't that easy to get to see other rosters. It can definitely be done but not easy. If you have a friend in CX get him to cut and paste a few.
But to give you a very general idea....
we do 84 credit hours a month before overtime. Typical european return is around 22-26hrs depending on the base so around 3 return trips a month. The other 10 hrs or so will be made of low hr flights around asia. So you could expect to do say about 10-14days work, 0-4 A days(sort of loose reserve days at home in europe) and the rest G/O days. You could probably expect 2 of your patterns to be just HKG and back...24 hrs off here. If you end up being rostered for the freighter as well, it gets much worse...all stations to HKG...DXB, BOM etc. That would lower your hrs per day and consequently days off. I assume you are looking at the AMS DEFO!? No freighters on the bus...but if it is a -400 basing, they can roster you for freighter flying as well.
Hope that helps.

jetset
16th Nov 2006, 04:12
Another problem is that you need a much greater time frame than one month to get any idea of what to expect.

Given the sort of trips you can expect from europe (depands on type of course) will be 3/4 crew long haul then you wil achieve the credit in about 2 1/2 - 3 trips to HKG and back. On the airbus you may stay in HKG for a regional and on the 400 you might position to Frankfurt or LHR or Paris to start your trip. You may even fly the freighter occasionally.

That said the typical roster will include recurrent training etc. etc. which will be done in HKG.

I wanted the same sort of info in the past but now I am here I realise jsut how variable a roster can be with so few rotations. Thats long haul I guess.

Hope that helps.