PDA

View Full Version : My Travel Airways

Dott
15th Nov 2006, 14:02
Hi everyone,

I have recently been invited to MYT assesment day :)
I was wondering if anyone has been to one recently, what exactly they are like, how many people go etc.

Cheers

SuperBoy
15th Nov 2006, 22:40
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has been to one recently, what exactly they are like, how many people go etc.

Cheers

MYT has great crew. They do some nice trips/destinations. However if you are going down the charter route I would advice you its probably in your best interest to apply to another charter company.

In all charter airlines you are given a summer contract and then if the winter program requires it a winter contract and so on and so on. I personally know crew who have done four consecutive summer seasons and still have no job for the winter months, still aren't permanent and still work in bars or restaurants to be able to survive from Nov - March. If you can or are willing to live your life this way go for it.

As for the interview, expect to be there with up to 35 people to start with. You'll do group exercises, maths, english, 2 to 1 interview and a mini presentation i think it is still on your favourite holiday destination but it might've changed. Usually after all this there are between 2 and 8 people left however if various greatly from day to day.

The recruiters are a really nice bunch of guys/gals and always trying to help you through the day.

Hope this info helps a wee bit.

BYALPHAINDIA
27th Nov 2006, 02:16
I attended a MYT - Airtours then Intervew and Assesment at MAN back in 2000 at a Hotel by the M56.

At first I found them to be Friendly, But afterwards they seemed to want to get it over and done with!

We had a break around mid-morning, But there was no refreshments offered unlike other Charter Airlines, No Bar or Drinks available in the Hotel as it was morning.

You would have thought that they would have offered us at least a soft drink but they didn't.

It was very formal and there were 4 Airtours staff members hosting the event, one of them in full Airtours uniform.

They did show a Flight Video which was different, and by Coincidence I knew the captain in the Video Capt - Newell.

We did various group work, Maths was a large part of the testing, But not much English.

It was not the friendliest Interview/Assesment that I have been on, and we had to either walk or get a taxi there & back to the Airport as it was 3 miles away by the M56.

I received a letter a week later stating that I was unsuccesful.

All the Best to you all.:ok:

Regards.

HLadefoged
27th Nov 2006, 08:52
Hi everyone,

Cheers

Hi Dott,

I have also been invited to a MYT interview on the 29th Nov at BRS. Have you been for yours yet? It would be nice to see some more replies to your question! I am keen to know more of course ;) . I have studied the flight destinations but not all of the MYT destinations, I hope this is ok!?

sunny

blondie 61
28th Nov 2006, 21:53
Hi This Is Julier Maybe You Can Help Me I Returned My Application Form To My Travel 2 Weeks Ago But I Made A Mistake By Downloading The Wrong Photograph Of Me It Was A Picture Of My Son Whoops Ive Tried To Contact Them But For Some Reason I Cant Get Through Do You Know How I Can Contact Them To Explain I Have Heard Nothing And I Am Beggining To Wonder If They Have Just Passed My Application Form As A Joke Any Help Would Be Greatfully Appreciated Thanks