PDA

View Full Version : CASA Approvals

helinigeria
14th Nov 2006, 15:53
Pardon my ignorance, but I have been told that the Australian and the New Zealand aviation authorities have joined forces and consequently this means that all licences granted in New Zealand will be able to be carried over to Australia? For instance if i had a licence to long line with my equipment in New Zealand would this mean that i could do this without approaching or seeking approval from the authorities in Australia?

imabell
14th Nov 2006, 21:44
helinigeria,

under the trans tasman agreement new zealand licenced pilots are able to fly in australia without a flight check or air law exam pass. visa versa for australian pilots. you would have to do a check ride with any company that would employ you.

you still have to have an australian aoc if you want to start your own business.

helinigeria
15th Nov 2006, 09:46
Rather than how this effects pilots, i was more interested to see how this effects operators and the granting of licences. For example if i had a cargo hook system that was approved in New Zealand would this mean i could use this in Australia without approval form the Australian aviation authority?