PDA

View Full Version : leadership positions

sam_0_12345
14th Nov 2006, 07:32
hey, in the airline industry is it a prerequisite to have held a position of leadership like on the school council for example?

scroggs
14th Nov 2006, 13:01
No, but it can help. As can membership of the Scouts or other formal organisation that develops skills and character.

Scroggs

Jinkster
14th Nov 2006, 13:10
Im an instructor with the Air Training Corps

Chrome
14th Nov 2006, 13:23
President and Captain of my rugby team helped :)

planecrazy.eu
15th Nov 2006, 08:24
Hey...

I have a whole list of things like that, team captins, scounts, atc, etc etc...

Where do you put this on a C.V, i usually put it under achievements, is that the appropriate place to put it on an airline orientated C.V??

chileconcarne27
15th Nov 2006, 10:42
I would suppose that where you put your achievements on a CV kinda depends what sort of level you're at already.

I'm still looking for someone to help me along the way to a licence and, as i jhaven't been working for too long, a put my achievements and roles of leadership quite near the top so that possible sponsors can see that i've done slightly more than just get some decent grades!

I think that if you have your licence, then the positions of responsibility etc that you've gained along the way are still relevant but probably aren't as key as telling them how many hours/TR's etc that you have.

'Achievements' sounds like a good heading, because you have achieved it - it wasn't dropped in your lap and you had to work to get to the top of whatever sport/society/club you were involved in! :D

Hope that helps a bit :)

scroggs
15th Nov 2006, 16:17
CV guidance is covered in this (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=251490) thread. Which I'm sure you've read.

Scroggs