PDA

View Full Version : Earlybird To Europe 2007-qantas Vs Virgin Atlantic?

NIGELINOZ
13th Nov 2006, 02:43
I'm Looking At Booking Syd-lon Return Next Oct/nov But Can't Decide Which Is The Better Deal.
Virgin Atlantic $1620.00(aud) Or Qantas $2088.00 But I Would Earn Ff Points Which Would Be Of Value In Australia.
I Travel In Australia A Lot On Business But This Will Be My First Os Flight,should I Stay Loyal To Qantas And Pay Extra Or Go The Cheaper Option And Use The Extra As Spending Money.
Appreciate Any Opinions!

Smile!!!
13th Nov 2006, 18:46
I'd go Virgin atlantic everytime. Much better service in all classes and much frendlier staff well only been in upper class and Econemy+, but have heard its one of the best in econemy aswell. Have you tried to see how much it would cost to fly Singapore Airlines? they are too very good! Anyway hope you have a good journey whoever you choose!:ok:

Globaliser
13th Nov 2006, 19:48
Appreciate Any Opinions!First, welcome to PPRuNe, NIGELINOZ!

Second, a hint: Please turn off your CAPS LOCK key before you type. Posts made in ALL CAPS are very difficult to read; they also look like you're being rude by shouting. The software tries to soften this automatically for you, as you can see, but it's still difficult to read.

Then to your main question: One of the things you must think about, if you fly QF regularly within Australia for business, is whether this trip will secure you some higher tier frequent flyer status. That is likely to be more valuable to you than mere frequent flyer points. If, for example, flying this trip on QF would make the difference between you being QF Silver and QF Gold, that's worth quite a bit of money: With QF Gold you get complimentary membership of the Qantas Club, which you can then use whenever flying domestic flights within Australia.

If you already have QF Gold or above, then the other thing about doing the trip on Qantas is that you will get to use your perks. A long-haul flight is made much more pleasant if you have lounge access - and all the lounges between Sydney and London are pretty good (or, in BKK's case, should be pretty good when they're ready). You will also get first go at the better seats when you book, or when you check-in. And, of course, you'll get looked after better if things go pear-shaped.

NIGELINOZ
14th Nov 2006, 02:31
Thanks Globaliser for the info,and I will turn the caps off!:) .
Cheers from downunder.