PDA

View Full Version : KLM recruitment - sponsorship ?

High&fast
10th Nov 2006, 14:23
Hi all !
Would anyone know how to fly with KLM ? Any kind of sponsorship scheme for the young ones ? Or else is it an all-open system with the classical CV-interview-tests ?
I'm just a 21 yrs old Belgian able to learn a good Dutch in a short time...
Sorry if the answers lies just beneath this thread, but I couldn't manage to reach it ;)
Thanks !

scroggs
10th Nov 2006, 14:45
I can't find any recruiting information about KLM on Pprune. Nor can I find anything about pilot recruitment on KLM's website, though every other job in the company is covered there. The KLM Academy (http://www.pilootworden.nl/index2.html) website may be more helpful - if you can already speak Dutch!

Scroggs

angelorange
10th Nov 2006, 18:34
Only way in for English speakers is as a KLM flying instructor - see ppjn

scroggs
11th Nov 2006, 09:29
I'm just a 21 yrs old Belgian able to learn a good Dutch in a short time...

You didn't read this part of his post, then? :rolleyes:

Scroggs

High&fast
12th Nov 2006, 10:48
Thanks a lot, Scroggs, all I needed was that website !
Looks like everything interesting for me at this stage is there. :ok:
Angelorange, thanks anyway, any piece of info is good to be taken ;)

Regis Potter
13th Nov 2006, 19:38
Yep, KLM Flight Academy is really the only way for ab-initio entry into KLM at the moment.

FiiS
14th Nov 2006, 07:36
I could answer two of the questions on the application page ... and then thought resorting to Google to translate the remainder probably means I'll have severe problems in any resulting interview!!

Piltdown Man
14th Nov 2006, 09:28
There are three entry doors to KLM. They are KLS (KLM's flight school), NLS (the Dutch equivalent of Oxford or BAe if you like) or ex-armed forces. Taking the flying school method means an aptitude test on the way in, keeping you nose clean on the way through and leaving with a debt of 140,000 euros or so. Then you attend the selection process of simulator, psycho, medical and interview assessments. For those leaving the armed only (?) the latter section applies. Once accepted, you are put in a holding pool and will be allocated F50, F70-100 or KoKo. Not surprisingly, fluent Dutch is a requirement, if for no other reason than to have a "social life" whilst at work even though the airline "works" in English.

PM