PDA

View Full Version : Tiger Helicopters at Shobdon

Sooper
10th Nov 2006, 10:51
Heard some rumours of problems, anyone know more?

EESDL
10th Nov 2006, 11:20
"Heard some rumour of problems, anybody know more..."

you want MORE problems?
are you a doctor looking for work?
an ambulance chaser?
a counsellor perhaps?
in the soup, sooper-dooper?

But then again it is a rumour network and sometimes people forget that so pm me......

What's love got to do with it, got to do with it, it's a second-hand emotion...........

TREAD LIGHTLY
10th Nov 2006, 15:26
It seems that the Maintenance Manager resigned and left last week but not sure why. Apparently Tiger are looking for a replacement.

Anybody know what the pay is like.

Lokon
12th Nov 2006, 19:34
Ex Maintenance manager was at our place (at Staverton P something S) for a job interview on friday, so it can't be technical why he's left, mind you, we'll take on anyone at the moment.
Quiche on Airmech uk keeps advertising for someone to fill his position, so he has left Tiger.

handysnaks
12th Nov 2006, 19:45
Ex Maintenance manager was at our place (at Staverton P something S) for a job interview on friday

He's like a rubber ball......

quichemech
13th Nov 2006, 12:08
Boomerang is the term used by the connies at that location I do believe:rolleyes:

And LOKON you are right I am looking for a replacement for the former Maintenance manager and to answer a question, it was nothing technical and that is all I am willing to say on the subject:oh:

TREAD LIGHTLY
13th Nov 2006, 16:59
I am sure he had a nice welcoming at Good old P-S, if there is one thing about Mr M is that he is one of the best licenced engineers at fault diagnosis I have seen in action at Aeromega, he always did the business, it was a great loss when he left us.

Customer liaison skills may still need honing though...................................is he still riding his 1100 Blackbird, or does he have another bike.

Lokon
14th Nov 2006, 10:56
If he's still after a job, TAMS at Sheffield are looking for licenced people and DE at South Yorks police is looking for another engineer. The pays not bad by all accounts.
Before you all ask why I haven't gone for it, I dont wish to move North, family ties at this end.

DaveE
14th Nov 2006, 14:59
Before you all ask why I haven't gone for it, I dont wish to move North, family ties at this end.[/quote]

Wouldn't take you on anyway!:) lol

zorab64
19th Nov 2006, 12:49
Agree with the fault diagnosis comment but interpersonal qualities . . .

Customer liaison skills may still need honing though......
I think you mean learning, along with some language f:mad:ing toning . . . . . down!

TREAD LIGHTLY
19th Nov 2006, 14:09
Zorab

You obviously know him well................are you one of his "ex" customers or potential sales clients who may have experienced his wide ranging and sometimes colourful vocabulary?

zorab64
19th Nov 2006, 17:20
TL - I knew him quite well but wouldn't relish the prospect of having to fight through the, previously-mentioned, "skills" again - it's really just too much like hard work. Engineers who have any combinations of "cheerful", "communicative" and/or "politeness" I can work with!

dr atkins
19th Nov 2006, 23:31
Zorab,
Now he's back with his old company in Gloucestershire he may well be paying you a visit sometime!!!!!

Personally I think he's a great bloke but do agree that sometimes he lacks a certain tact. Which then raises the question which is the better quality in an engineer, the ability to fix aircraft quickly or annoy pilots as best they can?

I know which one I'd choose but then fixing aircraft is also important.:E

Dr A

TREAD LIGHTLY
25th Nov 2006, 14:29
I have been corrected regarding my post of 10th November.

It transpires the maintanance Manager was dismissed due to Gr-ss Mis---duct and thr--te--ng beh--i--r (local po--ce apparently have records).

If P-S did employ him I wonder if they asked for a reference.................

Good thing this is only a rumour network

Helinut
25th Nov 2006, 15:29
There are usually at least 2 sides to such an argument/break up. Whilst this is a rumour network, it would be foolish to just believe the first version of events that one hears.

I don't know the truth of it myself, but I have been told that the police were indeed involved and that they passed on to the CAA certain concerns expressed and records, for them to investigate.

No doubt the truth may emerge in due course.

TREAD LIGHTLY
26th Nov 2006, 13:08
I agree, there are always two sides to a story, and sometimes even a third and fourth.

You say records are involved, these must be flying or maintenance records................you seem to know more so I presume you are in close contact with the person(s) concerned.

But the Maintenance Manager was also the Continuing Airworthiness Manager, responsible for accurate record keeping and flying hours recording. As you are a commercial Pilot I am sure you are aware of the responsibilities of his "prior" position.

It will be interesting who the authorities hold responsible (if any) if there are any errors in the records.

tracker69
6th Dec 2006, 17:47
well i have herd on the grape vine that he was dismissed from tiger due to reasons such as he brought his social events into the workplace,which also caused distress to other employees,due to sides bein forced opon employees within the company:uhoh: .also i have been told that tiger helicopters since the removal of cetain people is running far better,and is looking to take on a new guy.:ok:
i think that the main problem was certain people trying to get in the way of a company that is run by a guy who loves wat he does,and also the fact that he wanted to take that for himself,as he had a gateway to it though somone else within the company, and he basicaly gets to involved in acts that dont involve him and that influences his work im affraid :bored: .

Sooper
9th Dec 2006, 07:23
Heard that CAA are all over this, any other information?

tracker69
9th Dec 2006, 17:45
i have herd the CAA are working with tiger to sort the vortex trail left buy the ex chief engineer.....

TREAD LIGHTLY
10th Dec 2006, 12:55
Since he left the company he has made statements to the CAA and previous customers that were investigated and several found to be untrue (my name was also stated so I now show an interest in this thread), I have heard that one well known customer who left due to his alleged meddling in the owners private fianancial affairs, is reporting him to the CAA (AS355 owner) making a false statement regarding aircraft airworthiness.

Anyway it seems that all is going well at Tiger now with the new very respected maintenance manager :ok: working long hours to pour oil on the troubled waters left by the id*ot who was always raging in the hangar.

The CAA are not all over Tiger, most of the findings involved the continuing airworthiness manager and maintenance manaager (same person).

The ex maintenance manager was an expert bar none in shooting himself in the foot, after putting it in his mouth.......

END OF THREAD

whinetyler
9th Jan 2007, 14:15
So, tread, it does seem to have gone quiet, a storm in a teacup then?

TREAD LIGHTLY
9th Jan 2007, 21:13
Seems to have gone very quiet, but who is interested ?.

All I can say is Happy New year to Mr M, Miss O, and of course Mr R.

addeggsandbeat
22nd Nov 2007, 18:43
Little bird told me that the owner got convicted by CAA for fraud and other offences,is this the end of the Tiger ?

addeggsandbeat
22nd Nov 2007, 18:54
just heard the owner was in court on monday and got convicted for fraud and other offences by the CAA

chopper2004
22nd Nov 2007, 20:08
Noticed on their web they have contract to train Kuwait Police ASU crews. Noticed that our old police AS355 (now replaced with MD902), is in use with Tiger according to the pics training Kuwaiti crews,.,,very interesting

tonge
23rd Nov 2007, 08:59
What is the standard of training at Tiger? I'm looking to start modular training next year and Tiger is one of the FTO's I'm looking at, as well as Helicentre and Aeromega.

albyskoons
23rd Nov 2007, 09:07
I have no experience of Tiger and Helicentre, but can recommend Aeromega having done my CPL there.

I've taken the view that spreading my cash around for ratings etc in the pursuit of that elusive heli career is good to get your face known and learn about different FTOs.

So far I haven't got any horror stories!

tonge
25th Nov 2007, 13:36
Alby,
Sounds like good advice to me, I thought that if I did all my training with one company then I am more likely to get some work once I complete my training?

albyskoons
25th Nov 2007, 14:28
I think we're creeping this thread away from it's original purpose
But....

I wouldn't rely on getting work in return for exclusively using one FTO, and I'd be wary if this had been suggested by that FTO.

That isn't to say it can't happen..!
It also depends heavily on where you consider your training 'complete'

biggles99
22nd Apr 2009, 08:42
Lots of change going on there.

The company that owns the A109 Simulator are removing it this week.

Some of the CAA training approvals have been suspended. The CAA say that people/entities that have started a course can finish, though.

Anyone else know any more?

Big Ls

Rotormaniac
22nd Apr 2009, 09:06
Not entirely sure but I SFH the 206 out of Shobdon... TGRZ is in the Hangar, went in for I believe a 100 hr so a couple of days work depending.. that was 5 weeks ago.. I'm being told by unofficial sources they ain't got the cash to put it back online.... !! The other ship G-OAMI has just been sold... so no 206's...

The SIM along with the Kuwait contract kept them afloat... no contract this year and with the SIM going well it's not looking good is it....

STVA
22nd Apr 2009, 13:06
This old chessnut someone cottened on:D:D

aleking
22nd Apr 2009, 14:45
Reference all the **** re Tiger Helicopters. This site is allegedly for "useful information" not to aid a vendetta, or is this the pilot that lost bottle in France? The sim is not going, it was sacked. New head of training has been approved and in place now. F.O.:ok:

heli-man
22nd Apr 2009, 15:06
"Lost bottle in France"? Please elaborate, this sounds like a story to be told.

STVA
22nd Apr 2009, 16:15
So the Sim is going what has happened to the very experianced and well respected head of training hope he gets snapped up:ok:

Spindryer
22nd Apr 2009, 16:16
I was at Tiger today, great place. Amazing facilities and a really nice group of people to do business with. They've told the sim supplier to take the old one away, nothing more sinister. They now have a new CAA approved Head of Training so there's no issue with that matter either. I've been to lots of FTOs in the UK and Tiger rates with me as one of the best. I hate rumours and those that thrive on them.... the worst kind are often spread by stressed ex-employees. I think the bad-mouthing of Tiger is coming from one of these.

Whirlygig
22nd Apr 2009, 16:24
Hmmm... :hmm: two posts in 6 years, both recommending Tiger? I think we can all read between the lines, either way.

Anyway, I thought the A109 sim had been on the market for a while.

Cheers

Whirls

tegwin
22nd Apr 2009, 17:26
Why loose the 109 Sim I wonder? Is it just not profitable to run?

heli-man
22nd Apr 2009, 17:31
Errr, not many people doing IRs anymore!

STVA
22nd Apr 2009, 17:37
NO the sim was sacked or asked to be removed??????

docstone
22nd Apr 2009, 18:40
How do you sack a SIM?? I suspect it will turn up phoenix-like in a better place.......along with a head of training.

STVA
22nd Apr 2009, 18:53
Was the head of trainings departure the reason for the sim going

biggles99
22nd Apr 2009, 22:31
STVA, - the sim going could be all sorts of reasons, but at the heart of it was non payment of bills for work and services rendered.

Aleking, what "****" about Tiger? And what bottle in France? Please tell!!!

Glad to hear that a new H of T was found so quickly. Any idea who?

Big Ls

STVA
23rd Apr 2009, 02:36
NON PAYMENT heart of the matter not just the sim people then

Aleking you say vendetta maybe you should review all of these threads

please tell about the bottle and as for **** well time will tell

Spindryer
23rd Apr 2009, 06:39
Yep.... the sim was sacked and told to be removed.... simple.... :ok:

Spindryer
23rd Apr 2009, 06:41
Nope.... he just followed the sim sacking.... :ok:

heli-man
23rd Apr 2009, 07:22
Oh dear, not another sad tale in the history of UK helicopter companies. Sackings, money problems, bailiffs, claims, counter-claims, non-payment etc...

How many times have we seen this in the past?

biggles99
23rd Apr 2009, 07:22
SpinDryer,

The equipment, rented to Tiger, is being removed bythe owner. Payment has not been received for work done. Non-payment is at the centre of the issues surrounding the decision to move the sim.

The previous H of T - a guy with an impeccable pedigree - is also no longer there.

Are you saying he was sacked, or that the machine was sacked?

How do you sack a machine?

Big Ls

Spindryer
23rd Apr 2009, 08:04
The sim will be removed following Tiger's instruction to do so, just that.

The former HoT has a great track record but chose to move on and is following the sim. Tiger has a new CAA approved HoT.

I'm sure other normal business matters & issues exist but without accurate information it's best that you, I, and other PPRuNers concentrate on our normal day to day work and let those who do know and deal with Tiger's business matters do so without our interference.

Yes, I like the people at Tiger as I do those at Heli Air, Heliflight, Patriot etc, but it's rude to keep getting involved with their businesses.... unless something has a direct effect on us personally. In my case it does not.

Rotormaniac
23rd Apr 2009, 08:43
Well I hope all's ok, i've had a great 10 years flying in and out of Tiger... i'll be with the ex HoT today.. i'll find out more, if it's factual i'll post if it's gossip i'll leave that for others...

Safe flying guys...

adagio
23rd Apr 2009, 11:23
Problem with Tiger is the owner couldnt run a business if he tried. Obviously has and failed miserably?:p

hover Motivator
23rd Apr 2009, 14:17
Started 1992, now owns 3 R22s, 1 B206, 1 A109, 1 AS355, nice new hangar, new Sim on the way!!! as well as FTO/TRTO, AOC and Part145 facility. He also has a nice Jag as well!!

I am sure its not easy but I wish I could have all those toys:D

STVA
23rd Apr 2009, 14:38
borrow borrow borrow OPM

Tarman
23rd Apr 2009, 15:06
Don't know they guy or have any connection whatsoever but at least he has the balls to go out and run a business and not stand on the sidelines letting the green eyed monster eat away at his insides.
If any of you think running a business is easy then GO AND DO IT YOURSELF!!!!
The world is full of non achievers telling successful people where they are going wrong !

flap flap flap
23rd Apr 2009, 16:45
Dear oh dear...

Why doesn't the management of Tiger post something on here? All this mud-slinging can't be good for prospective students/customers.

flap flap flap
23rd Apr 2009, 18:14
Fair enough, but reading all this mud-slinging on the internet (true or not) isn't going to do their image any good at all. It's easily the kind of thing that puts people off giving them a call/visit.

heli-cal
23rd Apr 2009, 19:10
I doubt that this (http://www.aaib.gov.uk/cms_resources/Robinson%20R22%20Beta,%20G-TGRR%209-05.pdf) accident helped their reputation much! (Link is to the AAIB Report).

biggles99
23rd Apr 2009, 19:15
Flap Flap Flap - I don't know this factually but I'm guessing that SpinDryer works at Tiger on a self-employed/retainer basis. If it's who I think it is, he's a decent enough chap. If I'm right, he's about as close as anyone is to the decision maker at Tiger so his info should be good, albeit totally incomplete.

So you are fairly close to a posting from the "management."

SpinDryer - I haven't read much mudslingling really. I for one have only stated what I know to be true, and have always make it quite clear if I'm unsure of the actual position.

Tarman - not quite sure what prompted that response?

Hover Motivator - if you look at it the situation in more details, you'll notice that the AS355 needs 2 engines and the B206 is out of action (as of yesterday) and has been for some time. The Jag is lovely, and the hangar facilities are superb. I don't know what Tiger pay in rent to their landlord - it's probably pretty cheap, I guess.

STVA - a man of few words - is correct, and that borrowing extends to the the non-payment of invoices.

And the non-payment of bills is at the centre of the issues and why the Sim is being removed by the owners.

All this is easily checkable -- ask the owner/the accounts department/the suppliers. You don't need to take my word for it.

Big Ls.

spannerjockey
24th Apr 2009, 04:04
Why do people keep having to take cheap shots at these guys?

Can't they just be left alone to get on with life?

Biggles,
If you're owed money by them then take the appropriate action to claim it back!

Too many people out there with axes to grind, just remember if the company goes under it's not just the man in charge who gets shafted, there are a few people employed there as well.:=

hover Motivator
24th Apr 2009, 04:50
Heh, Spanner, I have been told Biggles isnt owed any money but that he wanted the Sim himself for Cardiff and the Doc!:*

I was also told that Tiger paid a dramatic hourly rate for its use, no wonder they have money problems, the Sim company have all the money! (PS they owe him at the moment):=

They try very hard to give a good service and train quality pilots. With many Tiger pilots around the country (Aberdeen, North Denes, Air Ambulance, Police etc.) enjoying long safe careers having gone through Tiger, I am sure some of their success is down to the basic training and culture from the instructors at Tiger.

At the end of the day how can someone slag off a self funding education establishment who has some of the best prices in the country and tries to help so many wanabes achieve their goals.:D

SFHawk
24th Apr 2009, 10:25
enjoying long safe careers having gone through Tiger

mmmm.....speaking as an Aberdeen based former Tiger student with impending redundancies and pot luck gearbox failures I beg to differ with hover Motivator!

As for Tiger, fantastic bunch of people, highly qualified and exellent instructors, many of whom bent over backwards to help me through my IR. I wish them all well and thanks again for getting me to where I am now.

SFHawk.

rotorboater
24th Apr 2009, 11:23
I have done a few things with Tiger in the past and found them to be very professional and nice with it, money is tight everywhere at the moment, all this slagging dosnt do anyone any good.

Good luck to them & I hope all these posters with under 5 previous posts pick on someone else.

tracker69
24th Apr 2009, 19:04
1) I wish some people would wind there neck in on here .

2) The negativity is from people who would love a piece of the cake im sure.

LEAVE TIGER ALONE U SAD NASTY PEOPLE AND GET A LIFE !!!!!!!!!!!!

ThomasTheTankEngine
24th Apr 2009, 21:33
Biggles you reignited this thread, you obviously have a problem with them sort it out direct with them, don’t slag them off on an anonymous forum.

STVA you’re not directly slaging them off but how you’ve worded your questions is certainty **** slinging. Is it just a coincidence that you only registered in April 2009?

Adagio funny how you only registered in April 2009 as well.

Its east to slag people off when they don’t know who you are. Why don’t you identify your selves?

LZCUTTER
26th Apr 2009, 05:17
I have always found Tiger friendly and professional :ok:

TOT
26th Apr 2009, 07:28
This post as been manipulated by a few people into into "a sustained bash tiger tread "

this is unfair , gone on long enough.

TIME IT WAS PULLED BY THE MODS

I have no connection with Tiger.

Gearboxmatingface
29th Sep 2012, 09:08
Is tiger helicopters still running its large fleet of R22's and 206's for flight training and in house maintenance?

Bondu121
29th Sep 2012, 17:35
Tiger Helicopters Ltd, Shobdon, Herefordshire, helicopter training, helicopter school, helicopter charter, helicopter maintenance, helicopter sales, PPLH, CPLH, ATPLH, Helicopter instructor rating (http://www.tigerhelicopters.co.uk/)

Why not call them, or drop them an email? :confused:

outofwhack
30th Sep 2012, 11:03
I don't know Tiger. I reside on the opposite side of the world. I think it is disgraceful behaviour for anonymous posters to denigrate an identifiable individual or a company like this and makes me feel like leaving prune altogether.

I think this thread should be deleted by the moderator ASAP.

OOW

Are you referring to posts from three to six years ago? It has only just been resurrected and may well have changed in all those years.

SP

Dennis Kenyon
19th Oct 2012, 18:49
Well I'm not anonymous and having owned two AOC companies and three approved schools over a forty year period ... and knowing something of the business and instructor team and the CEO of Tiger Helicopters, I'd have to say the facilities, (especially) management and support staff at Shobdon are as good and mostly better than any I have seen anywhere in the UK. In the last few years, dozens of overseas pilots have graduated professionally at Shobdon, bringing some worthwhile currency into the country.

We know times are tough out there just now and the snapping and snarling that is going on here only hurts our own industry. Can we turn our attention elsewhere chaps? Dennis Kenyon.

TOT
20th Oct 2012, 03:39
Well all I can say, I have recently hired a Jet Ranger off Tiger.
On both occasions I would say that I found all of the staff to be pleasant, polite, enthusiastic and very professional. Thank you Alan

SARREMF
20th Oct 2012, 19:45
I agree with Dennis. I did my type rating there recently and they were excellent. A nicer bunch it would be difficult to meet. Carry on the good work.

jazzyj78
22nd Oct 2012, 13:10
hello,
I sent several mail to tiger helicopter to have information about MCC and IFR training...They were reactive, polite, they answer 5 minute after sending my email....
And they suggest me some idea because they have many Student at this time (70 student from police of north africa )...

I think TIGER helicopter is a very good school....