PDA

View Full Version : Physics Book?

Stringfellow Dork
10th Nov 2006, 10:12
I read a thread here on Rotorheads where someone gave a recommendation for a physics book that had examples of practical/everyday problems and then explained the answers AND explained why some seemingly possible solutions were wrong...

Does anyone know what the hell I'm talking about? If so please could you link to the thread or give me the book title.

(And yes - I have done several searches but can't remember enough to get a result!)

Thanks very much.

Gordy
10th Nov 2006, 17:24
It was a while back and I cannot find the thread but here are the books I have:

Thinking Physics by Lewis Carroll Epstein (Best One in my opinion) cannot find ISBN #---contact: Insight Press, 614 Vermont st, San Francisco, CA 94107

Why Toast lands jelly-side down ISBN 0-691-02891-5

Einstein's Refrigerator---ISBN 0-7407-1419-8

What Einstein told his barber--ISBN 0-0440-50879-7

Mad about physics--ISBN 0-471-56961-5

D'ya think I have too much time on my hands????!!!!!

Enjoy

Arm out the window
10th Nov 2006, 20:16
As long as there's an explanation of what happens when a fixed-wing tries to take off on a conveyor belt, you should be right! (interminable and recurrent discussion on Jet Blast about this one, if you haven't seen it).

Gordy
11th Nov 2006, 16:23
Oh---even better----On the passenger seat you have a bird cage with two one pound birds sitting on the perch. What happens to the CG, weight, mass, lift etc when they decide to fly in their cage?

Stringfellow Dork
12th Nov 2006, 22:20
Thanks Gordy. Very much!

Having searched Amazon I'm pretty certain that Thinking Physics is the one.

:ok: