PDA

View Full Version : Help! Question re medical questionnaire

chubbyboy
9th Nov 2006, 20:28
If you don't give consent on the medical questionnaire for your company to contact your doctor for a medical history would they automatically fail you on the medical?

Any responses would be greatly appreciated!

2close
15th Nov 2006, 01:31
It's going to raise questions.

Provided you walk in unaided without gasping for oxygen, answer all questions truthfully and explain fully any past problems (in the knowledge that the evidence is on your GP's files) they probably won't even consider contacting your GP. What they are really interested in is how you are now, not what happened to you x years ago.

Trust me, no-one has had more accident related problems than me but I ticked all the relevant boxes (the doc did comment that it was the most 'Yes' answers he'd ever seen), explained each one fully; he asked how I was now, checked the scars and my ranges of movement, etc. and handed me a Class 1 medical with no problems and didn't go to my GP.

The FAA did - I had to pay several hundred squids getting consultants reports but they were happy once they'd seen them.

Probably just being nosey here but what's the issue?

2close

chubbyboy
15th Nov 2006, 14:04
Had spleen removed years and years ago after a car crash and someone told me recently that this could lead to me being rejected and failing the medical. Anyway, I'll look into it a bit more before I decide to apply for anything. Thanks for your advice!

2close
15th Nov 2006, 19:58
Phone the CAA Aeromedical Centre and ask them directly.

You don't have to give your name and they are the people to give you the definitive answer.

HTH

2close