PDA

View Full Version : Stop waiting.. the accident happened

allwornout
9th Nov 2006, 16:52
Two Iranians in a Gulf Heli 412, first day on the new contract, arrived over the deck and the pop-outs inflated.. aircraft rolled over, burned, no casulaties....

More recent information... when aircraft arrived in 4 foot hover a loud bang was heard behind the pilots..... seat belt buckle falling on the floor????? collective lowered so hard that the rear cross tube broke, when it hit the deck and blades hit the ground.... aircraft rolled and pop-outs deployed....

Anyone on this forum who wants to go to bat for Iranian pilots should go and do a tour with them first, then see how patriotic you are about them... if you want to be green, try saving a whale.....

Hunter 70-18
10th Nov 2006, 08:14
We didn't touch anything! The damn thing just blew ;)

Blackhawk9
10th Nov 2006, 10:51
Why does that not suprise me!!! operated with Iranian pilot from siri island over 2 years ago, accident waiting to happen then, a couple were very good the rest................................??

Sensible Garage
10th Nov 2006, 14:49
allwornout, when where and what?

Flapwing
16th Nov 2006, 23:46
Why does that not suprise me!!! operated with Iranian pilot from siri island over 2 years ago, accident waiting to happen then, a couple were very good the rest................................??

ya well I've flown with some expat pilots that I thought were accidents waiting to happen.. and you know what?... I was right! Lets not be so quick to judge "not western world" crews!!!!!

affluent boss
17th Nov 2006, 11:32
ya well I've flown with some expat pilots that I thought were accidents waiting to happen.. and you know what?... I was right! Lets not be so quick to judge "not western world" crews!!!!!

I wonder whether its because there are many more aircrafts in the Developed World, because many more accidents happen in the Developed World with aircrafts flown by Pilots from the Developed World. Yet when one accident happens in the developing world, flown by Pilots from the developing World, people start to make all sorts of patronising and condescending remarks. I am sure there are good Pilots and bad pilots in almost all the Countries of the World.

albatross
21st Nov 2006, 06:32
I worked out of Kish until last April. Not for Gulf however.
Anyone know where the A/C departed from and what rig it was going to?
Glad no one was hurt.