PDA

View Full Version : EK crew needs BA advice!

dubaidolly
7th Nov 2006, 21:09
Hi!

I need a bit of advice if any1 can help! been with Emirates in Dubai for a couple of years, can't wait 2 move back 2 London but wondering what sort of monthly hours/destinations/days off i will expect to get if i applied for BA L/haul from LHR. I'm used to working around 80 hours a month. Also, am i right in thinking take home not less than 1500gbp?? Thanks! x

Little M
7th Nov 2006, 21:29
BA not recruiting for LH LHR and would be very surprised if they do so any time soon. You would need to apply to SH LHR first if and when they recruit for that and then put your name on list to transfer to LH as they don't normally recruit direct into LH.

Money on LH is pretty good though, you'd just have to be patient!

dubaidolly
8th Nov 2006, 05:36
Hi,

Thanks 4 the useful info, i'm just tryin 2 weigh up if it would b worth still flying in the UK compared 2 what i've been used 2 at EK so i don't think SH would b an option. A friend of mine has just left EK n started training a couple weeks ago for LH LHR with BA so i guess they may have stopped recruiting very recently?

Thanks! X

dubaidolly
8th Nov 2006, 11:20
Hi,

Thanks 4 the useful info, Sounds like its more difficult than i thought going straight to BA L/H at LHR. I'm used to EK recruiting crew constantly so thought with a few years experience here i shouldn't have a 2 much of a problem?!
Don't think S/H would b an option as i'm used to getting good destinations/days off etc here....just don't like Dubai anymore!
A friend has gone straight from EK to BA L/H LHR but just started training so bit early 2 get any info.
I'm not looking 2 apply until next year, so any more info from BA crew would b really helpful in making my decision!

Thanks! X

tofster
8th Nov 2006, 14:22
Straight to LH LHR? I think your friend maybe telling little porkies. There were a few courses in the summer that were LH LHR but they were/are on a temp contract. Many of them have been offered LGW SingleFleet and have transferred down already but none of them are staying at LHR. Current LGW LH crew are transferring up to LHR LH. some are transferring to LHR SH. BA is not recruiting for any crew at the moment. I imagine that LHR will open again soon but only for the short haul operation. Direct entry to LHR LH just doesnt happen anymore. It's all a waiting game I'm afraid!

T :)

trolleytop
28th Nov 2006, 10:45
Dear EK colleague,

Too hot for you in DXB?
Come and join us in London, long cold winters, just love coming back at the early hours in the morning, trying to start a cold car before fighting my way home on the M25. Nothing better!!!

I am WW LHR, and as previously posted by others, BA is not recruiting into WW LHR. The temps that they took in this summer are now all in the process of either leaving or moving to Singlefleet at LGW.
It seems that the only way into BA in the future will be via Singlefleet LGW.

Singlefleet is a new consept with a mix of short and longhaul flying. We believe that there will be shorthaul flying at the beginning of the working week and ending with a longhaul trip.
As it is a new fleet we don't really sem to get a fair picture yet of either the percentage of short vs longhal flying or what the earning potential will be. The last of the longhaul routes will be transferred to Singlefleet in, I believe, February 2007. Only then will the above become clear.

Although Singlefleet will not operate to BA's other terms and conditions or pay structure, it does open a way into BA as Singlefleeters will now be able to transfer into other fleets as all other fleets currently enjoy. Of course there is no short cut, there will be a wait before you get where you want to be with BA, but eventually you will get the base and the work (part-time) you want.

If you want to stay flying and move back to the UK, I still would recomend BA. Although we have our grievances against BA, I still believe it is a very good company to work for.

Best of good luck!
Trolleytop