PDA

View Full Version : Question for RAF types

Lifeinablueone
7th Nov 2006, 19:25
I have to deliver an air power presentation on......

THE RAF HAS ORGANISATIONAL AND EQUIPMENT SHORTFALLS THAT EFFECT ITS ABILITY TO EFFECTIVELY CONDUCT EXPEDITIONARY OPS

Any ideas were to go to research? Any help appreciated.

Cheers

BOAC
8th Nov 2006, 08:03
Start on this forum?:)

PS Make that 'AFFECT''

BEagle
8th Nov 2006, 08:13
"THE RAF HAS ORGANISATIONAL AND EQUIPMENT SHORTFALLS THAT EFFECT ITS ABILITY TO EFFECTIVELY CONDUCT EXPEDITIONARY OPS"

Don't tart about like a bum-licky yes man, make that "THE RAF HAS ORGANISATIONAL, PERSONNEL AND EQUIPMENT SHORTFALLS THAT PREVENT EFFECTIVE CONDUCT OF ANY FUTURE OPS"

A2QFI
8th Nov 2006, 08:17
A presentation title with a split infinitive! No shocks there then!

airborne_artist
8th Nov 2006, 08:34
Let's be a tad more realistic:

"UK Armed Forces have significant equipment and manpower shortfalls that affect their ability to conduct expeditionary ops effectively."

Pontius Navigator
8th Nov 2006, 08:52
I have to deliver an air power presentation on......

Given your address, Leeming? 100 sqn?

KISS - no more that 100 words per minute. 10 minutes = 1000 words.

Start with what we have then what we need. b-a equals the shortfall.

Grab some pretty pics. Remember money is tight so any proposals must be based on realism. Also more operational manpower needs time - look at the length of your own training stream.

Always_broken_in_wilts
8th Nov 2006, 10:42
If you want serious facts and figures to support your presentation I would suggest a visit to Bzn, Lye, Ben and Odi and the homes of the Fin's and Viffer mates where you can chat face to face with the aircrew and engineers who currently operate the various platforms you will be showing nice piccies of:ok:

I am sure you will find plenty of "real" info at "the coalface" which should make for a very interesting presentation which no doubt would be very well received by their airships:rolleyes:

Let us know how you get on:ok:

all spelling mistakes are "df" alcohol induced

polomint
8th Nov 2006, 11:04
Lifeinablueone

You on IMLC? I had to do a similar brief when I went through IMLC in 2004. It was generally focused around expeditionary Ops. We focused on manpower levels at home and abroad ( think of when Op Fresco & Telic were on) how that effacts morale, working hours etc etc. We also looked as equipment and there is a fabulous photo during Op Telic of 50 or so people or wearing different uniforms...ie deserts, combats...mix of both, civvies.. and then looked at serviceablilty of weapons etc etc. Just that alone kept us rambling for 40 or so minutes.

Ta,

Polo :ok: