PDA

View Full Version : UK Coastguard jobs

thorpey
5th Nov 2006, 20:40
Can anyone inform me please of civies starting fresh as rear crew with the UK Coastguard, who trains them, is it only ex military personnel who mainly are recruited and maybe pay scales. I realise the chances are very slim as there probably isn`t much of a turnover, who`d want to give up a job like that? Thanks for any help.

Helinut
5th Nov 2006, 21:16
The UK Coastgurad SAR helicopters are operated by commercial operators on a contract with HMCG. At the moment the contractor is Bristows, but pretty soon there will be a new operator CHC. You would have to talk to them.

I don't have any special knowledge, but previous posts have agreed with your suggestion that the operators look first to ex mil sources.

There have been other threads on this sort of topic. I suggest you use the site's search facilities to look back at those

cyclic gal
5th Nov 2006, 23:45
Bristows do occasionally take on civvie back seat crew and have recently on the SAR flight at Sumburgh. As you point out the chances are quite slim and back seat crews are often drawn from ex-mil personnel. It cant hurt though to have a word with Bristow, CHC and Bond who operate the Jigsaw aircraft. If you dont ask you dont get!