PDA

View Full Version : Importing From Belgium..HELP!

bvgs
5th Nov 2006, 19:35
I am importing a helicopter from Belgium subject to a good survey and it is my intention to put it on the N register. Now I understand the N reg bit with the trust etc, however , wondered what I need to do to keep the UK happy. I have no problems with paying the VAT as I have a VAT registered heli company but wondered what else is required. Do I even have to pay the VAT if its going on the N reg, is there any import duty. It is my intention to fly it back to the UK as opposed to shipping it. I'm sure people do this all the time, first time for me so HELP please. Thanks:ok:

HillerBee
5th Nov 2006, 19:41
If the VAT is paid in Belgium you don't have to pay it here. If not you have to pay it here as well even on a N-Reg unless it leaves the country within 3 months.

If you need any further help with the Belgians, I'm Dutch always willing to help.

Hillerbee

bvgs
6th Nov 2006, 06:45
Thanks hiller b. I'll pay it here I think so I can claim it back and I believe its cheaper here anyway. Thanks again!

HS125
7th Nov 2006, 09:24
For importing into the UK and operating on the N register:

Contact Martyn Fiddler Associates in Bishops Stortford with regards to the VAT

Contact Peter Leventhal of AVCORP registrations, bastd at Gloucester airport with regard to the registration/trustee arrangements.

These are the best IMHO.

outofwhack
8th Nov 2006, 05:57
I live in Australia and am currently looking to purchase a private helicopter. In a couple of years I would probably want to pack it in a container and bring it home to the UK with my other belongings. Would I have to pay 17% VAT on import to the UK?

Huey1
10th Nov 2006, 19:24
If you need help, I am a FAA A& P and IA si can assist in your registration.I live in The Netherlands and own helicopters as well. So know what youre talking about.Had one on N-register as well.
Let me know.