Hi all!!
Spanair is looking for pilots.
Spanish a must.
Good luck
flaps 15% :cool:
More at www.spanair.com

WildDart
4th Nov 2006, 17:51
Shame i'm not old enough, and it's in spain and my spainish is average.. Thanks though, looks like good career for them.

zerograv
5th Nov 2006, 12:22
Nopoal

Gracias!!!

Having checked the web site, it is not mentioned that they are looking for flight deck people. Was the thing advertised in a newspaper?

Munchas gracias,
Zerograv

papazulu
5th Nov 2006, 13:46
Nopoal

Gracias!!!

Having checked the web site, it is not mentioned that they are looking for flight deck people. Was the thing advertised in a newspaper?

Munchas gracias,
Zerograv

Did the same, no hints on their website.Any clues on the paperwork items required? Recently called a regional in S/Spain and the HR girl was ready to put me through the FOPH office for a chat. Shame I politely turned it down since my Spanish sucks (working on it, easy stuff but an interview is another story). Is Spanair sys working in the same way? Need to get an application form from them? I guess it's not the place for lowTTs or non-TRated, enchufe apart...:E Any word from inside?

Suerte

PZ :ok:

Liftdumper
5th Nov 2006, 16:28
Believe me, this is Spanish old-school recruitment; in other words: enchufe only!

papazulu
5th Nov 2006, 17:52
Believe me, this is Spanish old-school recruitment; in other words: enchufe only!

Man, you gave me a laught...! I knew someone was gonna say that. Is it baseed on a live experience in the Spain's aviation market? PM if it makes you feel safer...
The Yanks taught me how to fly a plane without a single fail and lots more saying that "...WHO you know is much more important than WHAT you know". I guess I should hae taken all this stuff more relaxed. I missed some fun...Well, I'll give it a try,anyway.It will help my spoken spanish, at least...

News are always welcome, helpful hints too. I'll pay for a late nite dinner in MAD or elsewhere whenever there will be a chance to party...:E

Suerte

nopoal
5th Nov 2006, 22:10
Hi again,

Try www.spanair.es and see at the bottom

CONVOCATORIA PARA SELECCION DE PILOTOS

Remember spanish a must and exams will take place the 25th in Salamanca.

Good luck

scroggs
6th Nov 2006, 08:21
This is an English-language forum. Posts and quotes in other languages will not be allowed. We have a Spanish-speaking forum for those who wish to communicate in that language.

Scroggs

zerograv
6th Nov 2006, 13:31
Sorry!!!

Point taken. Won't happen again.

manuelvi
6th Nov 2006, 17:19
What about a320 F/O salaries?

bye!

I was told by a friend that the salaries will be very very disappointing...About 1500€ for 3 years to be upgraded then at 1800€
:ugh: :ugh: :ugh:

bye

JonnyTheCrayfish
6th Nov 2006, 22:44
Does it make any sense to anyone that the first tests are in SALAMANCA?:confused: Why would they have it there and not in Madrid o Barca? Or are those just the FIRST tests and they will have some in the other cities too? Makes you think, doesn't it...

nopoal
8th Nov 2006, 11:54
Hello,

The University of Salamanca has an agreement with Spanair to do the first exams. They have space enough to check all the candidates. Intentions are to call to exam around 3000 candidates and after to create a holding pool. Pilots will get into Spanair as planes arrive due to the future expansion. Initially all pilots will go to the B717 and the md80, but this might change. It will be difficult for sure.

Good luck to everyone.

JonnyTheCrayfish
8th Nov 2006, 23:59
Well thanks nopoal, you sure seem to have all the hot info! That does clear it up for me a little... although Barcelona or Madrid, or even Palma would've made a bit more sense to me. Everyone might think I'm being stupid, but I still think this is the best airline to get into in Spain, all things considered...:ok:

manuelvi
20th Nov 2006, 19:29
Hi guys.
Finally somebody has called for a selection.
i will be in Salamanca on Saturday and i was wondering if somebody knows something about Spanair methods of selections.
They say it will be basically general aircraft knowledge but it means all and nothing.

Any help would be highly appreciated

Bye all

M.

ICING AOA
20th Nov 2006, 22:52
As far as I have understood, Spainair wants to do all the procedures (ATC, etc) in english, so it would mean that spanish is not mandatory.
But dont quote me ;)

papazulu
20th Nov 2006, 23:19
manuelvi are u rated on any of Spanair's types and spanish? Got a PTD mail today with the usual bla,bla,blahhhhh...Shame but who cares? I will never know why but I might guess: Citizenship, Age VS exp, TT...? I have English under my belt and average Spanish working to improve it, low TT (but surely I am not the only one) but no TR...

Would you mind to tell us how it was? Just for the records...

Suerte

nopoal
21st Nov 2006, 07:46
Hi again,

Congrats to all of you who have been called for the first stage. The company has received so many resumes (more than 3000) that it will be another assesment as fleet growths in 2007. Concerning the language. As far as I know, exams will be in english so in this stage you won´t need the spanish. But if you attempt to arrive to the interview you should be abble to do it in spanish so you must be fluent.

Good luck to everyone.

manuelvi
21st Nov 2006, 07:53
manuelvi are u rated on any of Spanair's types and spanish? Got a PTD mail today with the usual bla,bla,blahhhhh...Shame but who cares? I will never know why but I might guess: Citizenship, Age VS exp, TT...? I have English under my belt and average Spanish working to improve it, low TT (but surely I am not the only one) but no TR...

Would you mind to tell us how it was? Just for the records...

Suerte

Hi Papazulu.
Yes i am rated on A320 with zero hrs and i have taken my license in Spain
where i lived for two years..
bye

OPEN DES
21st Nov 2006, 10:23
Hi there,

I am also invited for the first round in Salamanca.
Could somebody on here please elaborate a bit on the salary? I am presently in a proper job flying the A320. 1500euro will mean a 70% paycut for me. Which I am not prepared to accept obviously.

What are the actual chances of gaining employment with Spanair? As some people mentioned it will be old school enchufe again, does this mean that the whole selectionprocess is just a cover-up to make things look fair?

I've lived in Spain for 2 yrs, so speak a little Spanish.

Thanks in advance.

O

manuelvi
21st Nov 2006, 14:01
Well Man if i was you i would stay were you are...better salary and one possibility more for me to get in :} :} .
Anyway it seems like the salary will be 1500€ but i have no confirmed infos.
bye and best luck

danielalbagrefe
21st Nov 2006, 17:20
Hello!
My friend is also invited to Alamanca!
Does anybody know where to find the questions and answers to this test?
Many thanks!

JonnyTheCrayfish
23rd Nov 2006, 11:17
Yeap, I've made the cut! :D
Won't be able to go this Saturday though, so I'll have to wait for the next round in 2007. Hope you guys that are going this Saturday will be sharing some tips on what it's all about.:ok:
Good luck to all, may the force be with you..!

manuelvi
26th Nov 2006, 15:05
Well. guys...the exam is done!
So...any impression to share about it? i don't think it was so difficult but with 3 days advice and almost 1000 people there i don't know what to think.
For the next selections guys the only thing that i can say is.....study the bank!!!!

Bye all.

M.

ICING AOA
26th Nov 2006, 15:24
:bored: Welcome to Spanair :bored:

It seems that around 1000 applicants did yesterday the first exam of the "selection process" at salamanca..
It also seems that everybody found it so easy.... WHY ? well, the questions (in spanish by the way) were all taken from the VOLARE JAA bank, that EVERYBODY's got in their hands for ages and completely know it by heart !

Spanair is clever because it clearly said that all the applicants passing that first stage will have to pay 150 Euros ! :E :E

And 150 euros times 1000 hopless guys equals to: 150 000 Euros directly in the Spanair's pocket :D :D :D

(it would have been a pity to fail people at this stage :O )

Do not worry, cause the vacancies are already filled up, and Spanair do not need you but would like to take this opportunity to thank you very, very, very much for your interest (and your money) :ok:

papazulu
26th Nov 2006, 16:32
the questions (in spanish by the way) were all taken from the VOLARE JAA bank, that EVERYBODY's got in their hands for ages and completely know it by heart !

Do you mean the Italian Airline that hung itself (with a little help from the Canary's island...) by turning into a LoCo carrier? However a AGK test is a generic test and it makes little wonder to me that everybody can pass it. Would be better to go straight into Psycometrics but then it will take longer and cost more...Let see if some lotto-winner will pop in after a job-offer and a TR posting.

Suerte