PDA

View Full Version : Another Helicopter down in New South Wales

MPT
2nd Nov 2006, 12:25
G'day All,

Yet another helicopter down in NSW, that's three in as many weeks. Lets be especially careful guys, the fire season hasn't really started yet.

Two men injured in helicopter crash

TWO men have been injured in a helicopter crash on the New South Wales north coast.
The Bell 206, with two men on board, came down about 4pm (AEDT) today on Palm Island, west of Yamba, Australian Transport Safety Bureau spokesman Ian Brokenshire said.
A 50-year-old man suffered serious head injuries and the second man escaped with minor injuries.
There was no distress call from the pilot and circumstances leading to the crash are not yet known.
Air safety investigators will arrive at the crash site tomorrow.

Source: http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,20691000-5005961,00.html

MPT

Diatryma
2nd Nov 2006, 22:26
VH-AAL

Di :uhoh:

belly tank
3rd Nov 2006, 06:30
Know this machine well!.....got my initial 206 endorsement on her and did about 500 hrs on it...was a 206A model converted to a BII. Just saw pics on the news its a bit of a mess...the media touted It is the second jetranger to crash this week....good old media hey!
well wishes to the occupants hope they recover quickly:)

movin' on
5th Nov 2006, 05:23
Was this a private or commercial operation?:confused:

MO

McGowan
5th Nov 2006, 23:16
What surprises me most is the fact that the media never really seem to get all the facts right. It is "Palmers Island" or "Maclean", not palm island. But I suppose they have to be quick or they get "scooped".
Hope all involved get well quickly.