PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo web mail

bacardi walla
2nd Nov 2006, 07:03
OK, on the basis that BT can't or won't answer the question, I'll try here.

I have a broadband account with BT. That gives me amongst other things, access to Yahoo web mail.

My account runs and works very well. I have the ability to add family members to this account so as to give them their own e-mail accounts and access the WWW via the main pc or in the case of Junior, his own pc which is networked in the home.

So, I added Mrs BW and BW Junior (age 11) and they now have their own e-mail accounts. Junior gets his settings tweaked with parental controls. Having set up the 2 new accounts successfully, they work fine. Both send + receive e-mails and they can both access the WWW.

However, I work away from home and lets say I'm reading my e-mails. 100 miles away, Mrs BW signs on, checks her mail etc, then signs off. At that point, I get logged off too and I have to sign in again.

Question is. Why do I get logged off when either Mrs BW or Junior sign out?

Answers gratefully received as it's VERY annoying :ugh:

planecrazy.eu
3rd Nov 2006, 23:02
I had the same problem with an email provider too, they didnt solve it, and it still happens now, so i cant help there never having my problem solved for me...

Sure BT will help, they have been great to me, and i currently dont have that problem with BT. But i dont know if someone signs in and out at the same time as me using the same account details...

Its a strange one and wouldnt mind knowing the answer, maybe it will work with my other email system??

bacardi walla
4th Nov 2006, 04:17
Thanks for the reply. I just tried logging in to the 2 email accounts from the same pc just in case it's a temporary glitch. Logged in ok, sent and received from both ok. Logged out of one, went to use the other one, it's logged out :confused:

BT don't rush to help do they :ugh:

BOAC
4th Nov 2006, 07:00
It is the 'account' that is getting logged on and off - ie anything@ bw.yahox.com. AFAIK the only solution would be another, separate Yahoo or other ISP email account of your own.