PDA

View Full Version : Can I use a restricited PPL in Ireland?

bean_ian
1st Nov 2006, 18:17
Hi,
Not sure if this is the best place to post this question but here goes:

I live in Ireland and Im heading over to florida to do the JAA PPL in a CAA school in Jan. Ive sat the CAA exams up North and today just passed my medical but with a VFR daylight hours only restriction on the license due to colour blindness which I was aware of.
I did the medical with an IAA AME as I was told that the CAA will accept this.
However he was concerned that this restriction on my license will mean I can only fly in British airspace.
Is this the case?

Cheers
Ian

dublinpilot
1st Nov 2006, 21:27
I would have thought that if you had a JAA medical and a JAA licence, that you would be fine, but sometimes logic and aviation licensing don't go together.

Why not give the IAA a call first? They should be able to tell you before you go to any further expense.

tangovictor
1st Nov 2006, 22:57
Hi,
Not sure if this is the best place to post this question but here goes:

I live in Ireland and Im heading over to florida to do the JAA PPL in a CAA school in Jan. Ive sat the CAA exams up North and today just passed my medical but with a VFR daylight hours only restriction on the license due to colour blindness which I was aware of.
I did the medical with an IAA AME as I was told that the CAA will accept this.
However he was concerned that this restriction on my license will mean I can only fly in British airspace.
Is this the case?

Cheers
Ian

the CAA will allow colour blindness, but not, pain killers ! when will this madness stop !
good luck with your quest, I have heard, that the FAA medical is less "stringent" than our's, why not get a FAA Licence