PDA

View Full Version : LTE International A320's

G-AVIN
1st Nov 2006, 18:15
Having just returned from a week's holiday in the Canary islands I was curious about the A320 fleet of LTE International.
The aircraft on EXT-TFS appeared relatively new with the standard video safety briefing and usual inflight video/audio entertainment.
On the return TFS-EXT the aircraft looked much older with the crew demonstrating the life jackets,exits etc due to no video/audio system.
The ceiling panels between the rear toilets were duct taped along the joints (to stop rattles ?) and both toilets had more water on the floor than in the taps !
As both aircraft had blank rear tails and only small "lte" icons on the forward fuselage are they "hired in" or due for replacemant ?

Having said that the cabin crew could not have been more attentive,polite or welcoming,and the captain on the return flight made a perfect landing at Exeter even with the "stiff breeze" blowing across the runway.
I would recommend anyone to take a flight with them.

Gavin

lba2006
1st Nov 2006, 19:46
I think they aren't due for replacement as 3 of their 5 Airbus' were delivered between May and June this year. The average age of LTE's 5 A320's is 10.6 years!

G-AVIN
3rd Nov 2006, 08:06
Thank you iba2006,presumably I had number 4 out of 5 on the return trip !!

Gavin