PDA

View Full Version : Bristows nearly lost a new 225

Impress to inflate
1st Nov 2006, 12:43
I heard a bit of gosip that Bristows nearly lost there new 225 in Aberdeen yesterday. Can any pruners enlighten us.

shetlander
1st Nov 2006, 15:28
Hello there!
I am not sure about Aberdeen but if it helps it could be Scatsta that you heard about.
Yesterday, Up here in Shetland, we had some really strong winds, gusting 70mph at times. Well anyway it blew one of Bristow's Helicopters over and started to push it along the Apron.:eek:

Here is our local news report about it:

1 November, 2006
A TIGER helicopter was blown on to its side by a "gust" at Scatsta Airport, yesterday morning (Tuesday), as severe northerly winds battered the islands.
The incident happened when the helicopter, operated by Bristow Helicopters, was towed out of its hanger at around 10.30am.
No one was in the helicopter at the time of the accident and no one was injured.
The Tiger was put upright in the afternoon with the help of two cranes provided by Sullom Voe Terminal. Staff then towed it back into its hanger where an inspection for damage was ongoing last night.
David Miller, the company's operations director, said it was unknown "at this moment" for how long the helicopter would be out of service.
All authorities had been informed of the incident, he said, including the Civil Aviation Authority. Bristow Helicopters would also carry out its own investigation. The Air Accident Investigation Branch is not going to be involved as the accident happened on the ground.

HI!! JUST NOTICED THAT THERE IS ANOTHER THREAD ABOUT THIS, WITH PICTURES:

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=250438

Well i hope that helps!
Cheers,
Shetlander:cool:

Impress to inflate
1st Nov 2006, 21:20
I was old today it was definitely a 225 and not a 332L. I will have to interrogate my source for more info. :}

finalchecksplease
2nd Nov 2006, 06:39
Impress to inflate,

Seems you know what happened, can’t believe your “source” only told you something happened with a Bristow 225 but didn’t tell you what.
So why are you asking, stirring the proverbial excrement?

Greetings

Finalchecksplease

212man
2nd Nov 2006, 06:50
"I heard a bit of gosip that Bristows nearly lost there (sic) new 225 in Aberdeen yesterday"

I didn't know they had any old ones;)

Impress to inflate
2nd Nov 2006, 08:56
finalchecksplease, I have no idea what happened. I was mealy told that Bristows had an "incident" with a new 225 that resulted in the blades coming within inches of the ground and something to do with the the nose wheel. I am not trying to stir the **** but find out what happened so it cannot be repeated again.