PDA

View Full Version : RotorHeads in TX?

EESDL
1st Nov 2006, 10:28
Off to American Eurocopter Grand Prairie TX next week.
Any local Rotorheads care meet up and talk bollox?
If you happen to be a 365 MGB guru all the better!

Ian Corrigible
1st Nov 2006, 17:49
EESDL,

Check your PMs.

Cheers,
I/C

albatross
2nd Nov 2006, 02:06
Have fun at Hooters!
Have a meal at "Steak and Ale"
Visit "Shepplers" western wear (SP)
Go to the flea market near the airport on the weekend - check out the Gun Shop!

Watch out for "Happy Hours" the drinks are 50% booze 45% ice and 5% mix.

JOKE - Remember a lot of folks are packing heat - even the womenfolk - that is why everyone is so polite! LOL

And if you get a chance go see the Kennedy museum downtown - worth the visit.

Helo-Pilot
4th Nov 2006, 00:12
I'm from Texas. Close to AE even.

No. We do not ALL carry handguns, good thing too. I would have been in trouble ALONG time ago.

Yes, the drinks here can put hair your chest. A plus for all the visiting nancy boys! (Just kidding.)

Ther are several places you could check out while here.
1. Bass Pro Shops. Straight up Hwy 360 from AE.
2. Wednesday or Thursday night at Cowboys. Again, right up the Hwy from AE. Lots of really pretty young ladies that like to dance and drink beer. :ok:
3. The restraunt across the field from AE has good food for lunch breaks. And, you get to watch the helicopters in the pattern while eating.
4. Yes, Hooters. Hot wings and cold Shiner Bock beer. You've got to try one.
5. If you can get a tour guide, get someone to take you Fort Worth to see the Stock Yards. Historic area, that has Billy Bob's, the worlds largest Honky Tonk.

All of these are good places to visit. Yes, they are all touristy, but still neat places to see.

Enjoy, John

Helo-Pilot
4th Nov 2006, 00:26
There are better steaks around than Steak and Ale.

Places to go.

1. Bass Pro Shops or Cabelas. Bass Pro Shops is right up Hwy 360, and is always fun to go walk around.
2. Wednesday or Thursday night at Cowboys, again, right up 360 from AE. Pretty girls that will show you how to dance and drink. :ok:
3. Hooters. Can't go wrong with hotwings and a cold Shiner Bock beer!
4. If you can get someone to take you, go to Fort Worth to walk through the historic Stock Yards. While there walk through Billy Bob's, the worlds largest honky tonk. O, eat at Riscky's Bar B Cue or Joe T Garcias while you are there.

These are tourist places, but fun no less. I grew up in the bars around the Stock Yards, and have had ALOT out there.

Also, the last time I was at Gran Prarie Airport, there was a little restraunt across the field from AE. They serve good food and you can watch the helicopters in that pattern while eating.

Have fun, John

rick1128
4th Nov 2006, 11:44
ISome of the beef is at the Cattlemen's Resturant. They have two or three resturants in the metroplex. I know of the one in downtown Dallas and the one at the Ft Worth Stockyards. Excellent meat. I always try to go there whenever I'm in the area.

Helo-Pilot
4th Nov 2006, 13:55
Sorry for the double post. I thought my 'puter ate the first one.

EESDL
8th Nov 2006, 20:43
Thanks y'all for your imput.
and thanks must also go to American Airlines for deciding that they knew what was best for my luggage..............suffice to say that it only took 30-odd hours to get to my hotel - in time for breakfast - to quickly freshen up before visiting the factory.
Well looked after by all concerned......
Ian Corrigible - hope to meet Thurs when I've had a bit more sleep!
AA customer services - now I know where Dallas Cowboys got their name from...................