PDA

View Full Version : Easyjet Airport Tax Increase

smith
1st Nov 2006, 10:11
I booked GLA-AGP in the summer and the pax tax was £5 on EZY, I have booked to go again in Nov and the tax is now £10. Are ezy now adding hidden charges as the equivalent Flyglobespan tax is £5 per sector, or are they quick off the mark to add the green tax.

FLCH-SPD
3rd Nov 2006, 16:28
Mmmm, that's very strange. I've just had a look at the Website, and it's showing the tax as 5.00 GBP right through to the end of November. Have you booked a return flight, or maybe there are 2 passengers travelling??

smith
3rd Nov 2006, 16:55
Just checked Easy website again, 7 Nov GLA-AGP(Malaga) £39.99 + £10 tax one way only, one passenger. Its defo coming up as £10tax.

However have booked flyglobespan GLA-AGP 7 Nov £9.98+£5 tax £14.48 total a real bargain indeed.

smith
4th Nov 2006, 16:05
Just checked ezy website again and GLA-AGP flights have £10 tax, checked all the London Apts-AGP and they show £12 tax. All GSM european flights are £5 tax.

Why the £2 disparity between GLA and LON flights? Shame if EZY have started adding stealth charges as I always liked that the flights were basically actual fare plus £5 government tax, as you knew what you were paying for, with Ryan you don't have a clue what the taxes and charges are made up of.

W.R.A.I.T.H
4th Nov 2006, 16:59
with Ryan you don't have a clue what the taxes and charges are made up of.

Well looks to me as if there's more names in that club now then. I don't like this sleazy strategy one bit and can't wait for the EU, most probably, to put an end to this scum.

PAXboy
4th Nov 2006, 20:19
Unfortunately, EZY do not give any e-mail contact details on their website or EVEN a postal address. Very shoddy and a clear indication that their former interest in customers is dwindling.

I suggest that you look in the Airlines, Airports & Routes forum and ask for contact details of EZY in, either the easyJet or LUTON - 4 (fourth iteration of the thread). You should find folks who know the airline and the airport well enough to give you contact information to ask EZY for an explanation.

Alternatively (quote): Customer Services: 0871 244 2366 (calls cost 10p per minute; calls from mobiles and other networks may cost more)

Another possibility is to use the standard booking number of : 0870 6 000 000 which should be slightly cheaper than the 0871 but there is no way of knowing in advance, without contact Ofcom.

There is another number but I could not give it out on a public forum, PM if needed.

Getoutofmygalley
4th Nov 2006, 20:36
Actually paxboy if you use the 'contact us' function on the easyJet home page, in the search text box type the word 'address' (or even what is your address) and the first answer replied will give you easyJet's address - which is:

easyJet Airline Company Limited
easyLand
London Luton Airport
Bedfordshire
LU2 9LS

This information I thought was rather easy to find, and using the 'say no to 0870' web site, the following geographical number can be found as an alternative to the 0871 number - 01582 525422

To say that the companies interest in passengers is dwindling and the more verbose comments of W.R.A.I.T.H are offensive to crew members who work hard and bend over backwards to provide the best possible service that we can for our passengers. :{

PAXboy
4th Nov 2006, 23:13
Getoutofmygalley Thanks for the info and I'm glad to hear it. The reason for my being caustic is that I do not expect to have to 'search' for the address. On every website that I can think of there is a page called 'Contact Us' or 'About Us' that gives all the names, address' and phone nuumbers that you might need. I do not consider using a 'Help' page that is showing sample questions about booking to be helpful in finding a simple address.

I have been a big fan of EZY and used them many times since they started as LTN is my local field. I would be most interested to learn the truth about this tax increase. if genuine, let us hear it and where it has come from.

FLCH-SPD
5th Nov 2006, 09:09
Just checked Easy website again, 7 Nov GLA-AGP(Malaga) £39.99 + £10 tax one way only, one passenger. Its defo coming up as £10tax.

You're absolutely right!

This is very strange, I work on one of the EZY sales desks, and if you search for the same flights using the reservation system, it quotes the tax as 5.00 GBP.

For example: 07NOV06 GLA-AGP

FARE; 49.99 GBP
TAXES; 10.00 GBP
TOTAL; 59.99 GBP

RESERVATIONS:
FARE; 59.99 GBP
TAXES; 5.00 GBP
TOTAL 64.99 GBP

Very bizzare!!!

Surely tax is exactly that, and shouldn't be different just because you book at the airport or with the call centre?????????

smith
5th Nov 2006, 11:37
Anyone know the reason why GLA tax is £10 and LON tax is £12? Not that I am that bothered as I fly out of GLA, just curious.