PDA

View Full Version : Extended Christmas Grant

Wader2
31st Oct 2006, 11:22
CHQ has announced that the Christmas Grant has been extended by two days. Hooray.

This year has been characterised by significant operational commitment both by those deployed and those remaining in support . . . impacted significantly . . . JPA, Trenchard, Logisitics Transformation and the CHQ project . . . manpower drawdown . . . redundancy programme . . . gapping burden . . . additional pressure.

Therefore, the Christmas and New Year leave period has been increased by 2 days to provide a clear opportunity for personnel to take leave and to reduce untaken leave figures with minimal impact.

The additional days are to be taken as annual leave . . . or do not wish . . . they would be required to work.

snapper41
31st Oct 2006, 13:11
Terriffic. I'll think of you having your extra days off as I stag on over Christmas on a 6-monther, away from the family for the third Christmas in recent years. Cheers.

Tombstone
31st Oct 2006, 13:53
Terriffic. I'll think of you having your extra days off as I stag on over Christmas on a 6-monther, away from the family for the third Christmas in recent years. Cheers.

I think we've all done our fair share of time away from our families Snapper, deal with it.

dallas
31st Oct 2006, 14:05
The additional days are to be taken as annual leave . . . or do not wish . . . they would be required to work.

So I've been granted an opportunity to use 2 days of my annual leave. Er sorry, where is the bonus bit?

airborne_artist
31st Oct 2006, 14:33
Er sorry, where is the bonus bit?

I think it's called spin. Think of it as a "Buy none, get none free offer".

Pontius Navigator
31st Oct 2006, 15:29

IIRC we were gobsmacked in the run up to GW 1 when CinC STC authorised a 3 week peace-dividend Christmas stand-down. I hope the guys actually out in the Gulf then got their extra weeks when they came home - if they came home.

Now that was a good deal as Strike saved a week or more in energy savings and we all got the stand-down, no take leave nonsense. Caused chaos in PTC though. We had to give the studes a one-week refresher because their memory banks had been wiped over Christmas.

SamCaine
31st Oct 2006, 16:31
So I've been granted an opportunity to use 2 days of my annual leave. Er sorry, where is the bonus bit?

Call me an old cynic, but I have a feeling this is more about saving a few bucks in heating, electricity, aviation fuel, etc, etc. You'd be surprised what a couple of days savings will be made taken across the whole. :suspect:

FJJP
31st Oct 2006, 16:59
...or the rebellion where the 3 days compulsory off were to be taken as annual leave. That was dropped sharpish when the man was quietly told that it was likely that the majority would turn up at work, just to make the point - so savings in fuel would not happen.

Data-Lynx
31st Oct 2006, 17:24
Wader. I worked out that this is about HQ Strike but what does the 'C' in CHQ stand for? Googling does not help: Combined? Corporate?

SaddamsLoveChild
1st Nov 2006, 15:56
DataLynx - its Collocated or if it was a waaah, challenge accepted! Wader - So what if they get the opportunity for a couple of extra days some have returned to CHQ from Ops like the one you are on and why should everyone suffer. I wont be taking it as I will go into work, if the door is locked I shall take the time as standown, trust me the civil servants wont take the extra days especially if they are leave.

Grow up mate, if you can get it take it, if you cant keep shtum........just a question, what are you going to do with your Tax free lump sum then? share it with those that went OOA before 1 Apr 06.:=

Krueger Flap
1st Nov 2006, 15:57
Data-Lynx,

Pretty sure it's Collocated HQ, ie the merger of STC and PTC at High Wycombe.