PDA

View Full Version : IE7/OE and Hotmail

roach
31st Oct 2006, 08:31
I have several Hotmail accounts that I have used for years and this gives me “valued status” which means I can access them through Outlook Express for no charge. I have done this for years, through IE5 and IE6, even just a few days ago I downloaded IE7 onto the laptop and all was OK. Now the problem is I downloaded IE7 today onto my desktop PC and now I can not access any of my Hotmail accounts through OE. I have sat with the laptop and desktop side by side and can not see any different settings! I tried setting one of my accounts I only use on the PC on the laptop and it works fine there but not on the desktop. Can anyone suggest what might have happened as in the meantime I have restored the PC back to IE6 and all Hotmail accounts are now working through OE. Very strange!
Error code I believe was 0X800CCC32.

Gouabafla
31st Oct 2006, 11:24
If you Google the error code you will get lots of suggestions - one of them might work. I don't want to post any of the links because you didn't seem too sure that you had the right error code above. Apologies if you've tried this already, but it seemed worth mentioning.

born2fly_au
31st Oct 2006, 16:13
HERE IS THE ANSWER Error Number: 0x800CCC32 -HOTMAIL OR MSN-

OPEN YOUR INTERNET EXPLORER
GO TO TOOLS - CHOOSE INTERNET OPTIONS - GO TO SECURITE - CHOOSE INTERNET AND CUSTOM LEVEL :
1. SETTINGS / USER AUTHENTICATION / USER LOGON : PROMPT FOR USER NAME AND PASSWORD
2. RESET CUSTOM SETTINGS: MEDIUM.

GOOD MAILING Allen
Hope this works for you.