PDA

View Full Version : Flight Requirements

ebonybailey
31st Oct 2006, 00:54
Ok my last post I did not put across my requirements very well and as such people thought that I was willing to do anything to make it work, so i have decided to make this post with exact reqiurements now that I know a littl more thanks to many on this forum. I need:

A plane that can carry 4 people PLUS the pilot
To make the trip from Blackbushe or near TO Norwich / Cromer
The plane and the pilot must be able to fly at night and have the correct license to be able to land at these airports / Airfields
Need to be able to arrive at norwich on a friday at 620/645pm
And be able to do the same on sundey but to arrive at 5pm
There is no to very little baggage
Will look at costs or a mixture of cost plus using my services as paymentI would also appreciate if anyone who's a commercial alternative or another company not on the forum who may be interested in a pay by services option.
I hope this is clearer and fits with the rules of the forum.

Michael

Pitts2112
31st Oct 2006, 06:50
ebonybailey,

What you're asking is for someone to make a flight solely for the purpose of taking you and passengers from one place to another. In other words, the pilot wouldn't be making the flight anyway and you're just hopping on for the ride. Regardless of how it's paid for, under the CAA's rules, that makes it a commercial flight and no one with just a PPL would be able to legally make that flight. So what you really need is an air taxi service with a Cherokee 6 or similar. I would suggest you need to be talking to commercial operators at airports nearby and expect to pay commercial rates.

I know it's not what you want to hear but I hope that helps.

Pitts2112

FullyFlapped
31st Oct 2006, 09:10
Plus, you really are very likely to find - especially if we ever get a winter - that there will be a lot of days when you just can't do this in a light aircraft : there really is a good reason for the old "time to spare, go by air" addage.

I hope you find a way. Good luck.

FF :ok:

ebonybailey
1st Nov 2006, 15:53
looks like this is not an option.

But please do let me know if you have any ideas or know of any airline that does go to norwich from somwhere in the south, I could'nt find one!!

Michael

nouseforaname
1st Nov 2006, 18:00
we had the same situation as yourself. wanted to be able to fly a 300nm trip on Friday eve after office hours and return Sunday. Aircraft had to carry 5 people at least and fly winter/summer/day/night/in crap weather etc.

Aircraft cost £570k to buy but only about £10k pa to run. Great business tool. Couldn't live without it now.

ebonybailey
1st Nov 2006, 22:11
I fear that £570,000 is a little out of my league I am afraid.

I'm just amazed their seems no alternative!!!

May look to see if a boat goes from portsmouth to Norwich!!

Michael

Piltdown Man
1st Nov 2006, 22:17
Just for the record, how much are you expecting to spend moving yourself and three other people from Surrey to Norwich?

PM

pistongone
2nd Nov 2006, 14:09
EB,
I just googled to see how difficult it was to get the info you require! Try this link http://www.flightmapping.com/UK/Bristol/ It seems the nearest airport to you with Scheduled services to Norwich is Bristol! Rates look cheap enough if you book in advance, i think you said every 3 weeks, so that should get them in the £30-40 eachway bracket. Only one flight on a Friday though Landing at 12:20, are the kids old enough to travel alone? Failing that try www.alanmann.co.uk/fairoaks/ for a charter service. Check your PM's for more info.

stiknruda
2nd Nov 2006, 14:31
Have you thought about Sterling helicopters at Norwich - just over an hour each way in a JetRanger and they could possible pick you up/drop you off nearer to your abode/destination than a fixed wing.

They've also got a cute girly pilot flying the JetRanger now, I understand.

Stik

Whirlygig
2nd Nov 2006, 15:00
Aaahhhh! Stik's in love!!!

Ebony, the A11 ain't THAT bad! I do the drive from Newbury to Norwich enough!

Cheers

Whirls

Kanu
2nd Nov 2006, 15:21
looks like this is not an option.

But please do let me know if you have any ideas or know of any airline that does go to norwich from somwhere in the south, I could'nt find one!!

Michael

try FlyBe, they have a base in norwich and a few southcoast airports.

High Wing Drifter
2nd Nov 2006, 15:48
Contact www.blackbusheaviation.co.uk (http://www.blackbusheaviation.co.uk). They will happily fly you there in a Seneca. Select the "Charters" option from the top menu.

Tim Inder
3rd Nov 2006, 08:40
The A11 isn't too bad depending on which way you're going at any particular time. e.g. travel OUT of Norfolk on a Friday evening and the roads are clear, same as going back IN on a Sunday afternoon. It's a tourist destination, so if you're going against the flow you'll be OK.

I think you might have a few problems flying into Cromer/Northrepps Int'l in the dark though!