PDA

View Full Version : Offshore female Pic's?

Aser
30th Oct 2006, 13:53
I was reading an interesting history http://www.thetelegram.com/news.aspx?storyID=52772 about the first female pic in Cougar helicopters, hats off to her :ok: .

I was wondering... how many female pics are out there in the offshore role?
Another question that comes to me, How works the progression to pic in the big ones like chc, bristow etc.? based on seniority? more or less how long?
Regards.

charron
30th Oct 2006, 14:16
With CHC Global (not CHC Europe) it is as soon as you pass a PIC checkride and have at least 1500 hours total. Anybody asking for more is confusing experience with competency. Lots of confused operators and customers out there.

charon

paco
30th Oct 2006, 14:21
We've got a kiwi one here at Aerogulf driving a 212 and very good she is, too.

Phil

HOSS 1
30th Oct 2006, 14:35
Am I the only lower life form to jump into this thread fully expecting to see pictures of some hottie on a rig?:E

hoss

Tweedles
30th Oct 2006, 14:36
I quickly opened this thread with the anticipation of seeing some (pic)tures of attractive young ladies...I'm rather disappointed.

HOSS you beat me to it. I'm right there with you in the gutter.

Highside
30th Oct 2006, 14:38
Am I the only lower life form to jump into this thread fully expecting to see pictures of some hottie on a rig?:E
hoss

Absolutely not!

vne155
30th Oct 2006, 17:26
Bristow has got a female SAR captain who used to fly offshore as a P1. She has been a commander for over 5 years.

Aser
30th Oct 2006, 17:36
With CHC Global (not CHC Europe) it is as soon as you pass a PIC checkride and have at least 1500 hours total. Anybody asking for more is confusing experience with competency. Lots of confused operators and customers out there.

charon

charon, I heard in chc europe you could be waiting 5 years...

Heli-Ice
30th Oct 2006, 18:58
hoss

Apparently not... :E

Mikila1A
30th Oct 2006, 19:55
The article is a little misleading. Can you beleive that a reporter would get something wrong:ugh:

She has only been flying offshore here with us for three years,not eight as written. This will be her third winter flying on the Grand banks, and yes, she is doing a great job. She is rather a joy to fly with.

Darren999
30th Oct 2006, 23:13
Must admit I looked on here quick too... oh dear, sad chap..:E

paco
31st Oct 2006, 00:09
I've got some pictures of helicopters in risque poses... :)

Phil

NickLappos
31st Oct 2006, 01:18
Here ya go, fellers:

http://www.litepilots.com/Patsy03.jpg

AV8.MY.I
31st Oct 2006, 09:08

hoss

Nat i'm Guilty also!

topendtorque
31st Oct 2006, 11:40
Offshore? why here in OZ we've got the madam Presidento of the esteemed (and that's questionable) Helicopter Association who even has a book about herself as a helicopter driver.

Mind you most seem to be wondering whether the OZ HAA is on - or - offshore.

Maybe naughty Ned might have some suggestive photos of our heliotrix he could post??????

Pat Gerard
31st Oct 2006, 15:45
VNE 155

Are you sure of your facts ?

Two of us old timers are not aware of any SAR female captain with Bristow...

vne155
31st Oct 2006, 17:14
Pretty sure, she's my wife!

She flies the G-JSAR out of Den Helder.

chainblock
31st Oct 2006, 17:34
CHC Scotia Aberdeen have 2 female puma captains and 3 co-jo's and I think all other bases have them as co-jo's too but not sure. Bristow's have about 5 and some of them are P1. Bond have 1 female co-jo.

They probably haven't replied because they are busy doing 10 others things instead of reading PPRUNE:p

Aser
31st Oct 2006, 17:51
CHC Scotia Aberdeen have 2 female puma captains and 3 co-jo's and I think all other bases have them as co-jo's too but not sure. Bristow's have about 5 and some of them are P1. Bond have 1 female co-jo.

They probably haven't replied because they are busy doing 10 others things instead of reading PPRUNE:p
You're baaad :}

Thanks for your numbers.

Lightning_Boy
31st Oct 2006, 19:23
Just skim read the thread.......WHERES THE HOTTIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:{

Aser
31st Oct 2006, 20:19
Another useless thread!
I would start a "rotorgirls around the world" but I don't have pictures... :rolleyes:

bladepitch
31st Oct 2006, 21:01
i cant open the link. and from what im reading its probably better i dont.
good on her though! i wanted to see a hottie as well.

GUILTY!:(

Mikila1A
31st Oct 2006, 21:16
They probably haven't replied because they are busy doing 10 others things instead of reading PPRUNE

Now isn't that the truth!!!!!!!:ok:

I have spent alot of time at the sim in Stav in the last few years and there are quite a few of the ladies driving the big buses offshore.

Anyway.......lets get back to some pics.........cuzzz that is why we all looked here in the first place.:D :D

Pat Gerard
31st Oct 2006, 21:23
Sorry vne155, we sometime forget that the North Sea goes beyond the boundaries of the UK. And apologies to Marjolaine.

Heli-Ice
31st Oct 2006, 22:06
Nick

Isn't that Miss Moneypenny?

212man
1st Nov 2006, 00:48
Zoe was on my S-92 course, along with a female captain from Norsk, so I guess they are the first two female S-92 Captains.

IFMU
1st Nov 2006, 02:00
hoss
The difference between me and you is I waited until after work to open it...

-- IFMU

charron
1st Nov 2006, 02:33
http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o129/karmutzen/nascarhelpilots1.jpg

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o129/karmutzen/nascarhelpilots2.jpg

Eat your hearts out you miserable offshore sods. Give up your 6/6, malaria pills, tax break, and fly VIP for NASCAR in the land of milk and honey.

charon

22clipper
1st Nov 2006, 04:12
There we go some photos at last! And what a bunch of stunners too? We keep getting an advert in "Vertical" for some whizz bang wireless featuring a pilot of the female persuasion with the most piercing blue eyes ever....just wondering if anyone knows if she does check rides (or signs autographs) or sumfin?

Salusa
1st Nov 2006, 07:57

Did she used to fly the S61 in the Falklands?

madman1145
1st Nov 2006, 08:21
The Danish offshore company, www.dancopter.dk is run by a female skipper ..
They also got two female FO's ..

- madman

teeteringhead
1st Nov 2006, 09:11
Quote:
Originally Posted by vne155

Did she used to fly the S61 in the Falklands? ... and did she used to be an RAF Air Traffick student?? If so she's in my flying logbook too ........

HOSS 1
1st Nov 2006, 11:06
The difference between me and you is I waited until after work to open it...
-- IFMU

Sorry, but the former Director here made PPrune an official part of the day's reading. And I see he's still following that policy at his new location :)

bigglesbutler
1st Nov 2006, 11:47
DOH, I must confess I was thinking "Female Bristow SAR captain, WHO, WHERE?", but then I was thinking UK SAR not Den Helder. SORRY M, I cant believe I forgot about you over there. I blame my genes, memory like a goldfish sometimes.

Yes Bristow has a very competent, and GORGEOUS, SAR Captain, oh dear theres the line and I'm ALL the way across it. :ok:

Si

8P-AUL
2nd Nov 2006, 22:46
What a load of boll...s!!! I'm not seeing any uniforms here.

Sorry SirVivr:} :} :}

Ok not yet PIC but she has ALL control!!

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f279/paularcher/Winchcrew.jpg
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f279/paularcher/CIMG1107.jpg

212man
3rd Nov 2006, 00:14
Teetering head, sadly the young lady you refer to no longer flies (I assume you mean FM.) The Female Falklands pilot referred to would be JY I think.

Jetboxer
3rd Nov 2006, 09:15
8P-AUL,

Are you sure she's of the female kind! She definately looks like one! But you can never be too sure! According to her headset, her name is Scott! :E

Hope all is well in POS.

Take it easy! (Although on my visit to Trini that went without saying!)

tottigol
3rd Nov 2006, 10:13
There we go some photos at last! And what a bunch of stunners too? We keep getting an advert in "Vertical" for some whizz bang wireless featuring a pilot of the female persuasion with the most piercing blue eyes ever....just wondering if anyone knows if she does check rides (or signs autographs) or sumfin?

I am quite sure the folks striking in the Gulf of Mexico know her well.
If not too happy with her.

Return to sender
3rd Nov 2006, 19:40
Yes it is true that Bristow now has a female SAR Commander which certainly explains the addition of curtains, candles and po pourii to the JSAR cockpit! ;)

It's also incredibly clean inside and on leaving the aircraft you have to put the seat cover down!

RTS

PS Sorry Madge... couldn't resist it! :)

PSS The female pilot from the Falklands is now in Aberdeen.

540DEGREE TorqueTurn
3rd Nov 2006, 21:05
girls of charron it has been too long between drinks, never have i seen a more finer bunch of girls who fly let alone live together .......:cool: the normal run of the mill pee further than me ,have bodies and faces that make the front row forwards in the wallaby pack look like girl guides.........
Keep up the photos / dip me in honey and throw me in the middle :E

IFMU
4th Nov 2006, 01:55
Sorry, but the former Director here made PPrune an official part of the day's reading. And I see he's still following that policy at his new location :)
But it's not the reading of pprune that I'm saying I wait for until after work. It's the offshore female pics that I wouldn't want to open at work. Conjures up visions of Tracy on that north sea rig...

-- IFMU

SIM1
10th Nov 2006, 20:54
Come on SUE, if you still read PPrune send us a picture!:)

Flingwing207
15th Nov 2006, 14:35
I personally know four female PIC's working for my company in the GOM - three flying SE VFR, one flying PIC IFR in the 139. I'm guessing there are more...