PDA

View Full Version : CX Contacts for Ex USAF Pilot

cloudchaser44
29th Oct 2006, 04:04
Hello Folks,

I have just applied for the DEFO position and know I have a few people I flew with in the USAF working at Cathay - but have lost all notes on who it might be. My name is Sean Crotty flew T-37 and T-38's at Columbus 1985-1990 - KC-135's out of Plattsburgh - 1990-1994, and C-141's out of McChord 1994-2001. If the name jogs anyones memory please pop me off an email about Cathay if you might. All the best and fly safe.

Sean

cloudchaser44
29th Oct 2006, 12:56
Wasn't meant as a resume - was meant to put out where I was while in the Air Force - I've flown quite a bit more since that time - but thanks so much for the kind words. (Oh look, the Yank can spell sarcasm.)

cpdude
29th Oct 2006, 15:41
Don't worry about the "Jizz" Sean, he is probably jealous of your Military experience and wouldn't know Tweet from a Talon unless they were parked beside each other.

Good luck!:)

ksrmd11
29th Oct 2006, 16:29
Sean,
Cathay Pacific is one airline that doesn't require a reference to receive an interview. They will interview you based upon the strength of your resume. You will be offered a job based on your knowledge and skill that you demonstrate during the interviews; the way it should be!
Best of luck!

cloudchaser44
29th Oct 2006, 18:08
Great to know - so just sit and wait in a holding patter for now - keep building up my jet time and pounce if called. In the meantime I'll break back out the handling the heavies - I read it back when I was going through 135 training - great book.

Been hearing about a Captain ABC interview prep any chance anyone knows if that is in pdf or word form and where I might get a copy?

Thanks for the support and believe me I'm not putting much into any comments by a guy that has Jizz as part of his screen name.

Sean

csd
30th Oct 2006, 02:50
cloudchaser44 - check your mail.

Regards

csd

flyer_spotter
2nd Nov 2006, 15:26
Hi...since you are ex-USAF I've a question which I always wanted to ask.

What is the eye requirement like for USAF pilot? Can I wear glasses/con?

Million thanks.:)