PDA

View Full Version : Duxford Bonus Charity Weekend -- 25 & 26 November

alphaalpha
27th Oct 2006, 16:19
The next Duxford Bonus Day is a charity weekend in support of our local children's hospice on Saturday and Sunday 25 and 26 November 2006.

Pilots and crews have a great reputation for supporting charities and we really hope you'll support this one by making your weekend jolly out to Duxford on either the Saturday or Sunday.

Please bring a gift for the children (new toy) or make a donation. Staff from the hospice will be at Duxford to receive whatever you are happy to give.

All aircraft are welcome on these two days and all will benefit from the usual Bonus Day deal: half price landing, roughly half price admission to the museum, children free.

Put the date in your diary now and phone 01223 833 376 for PPR and a briefing. Remember Duxford closes at 4pm (local time) in the winter, so come early, if you can.

This is in answer to people who said, in response to the Cessna and Piper days earlier in the year: "What about my *****. I want a bonus day too.

Who's coming?? Hope to see some old and new faces.

There's one final Bonus day in December:
Dec 16th is Christmas Dinner Bonus Day -- well it's a good excuse to go flying, isn't it!

Alan.

HGFC1
11th Nov 2006, 01:49
May I be the first to book in for the Saturday please? Same as last time:the lovely C152, G-BNMF. :) but this time only myself, no FI :E

HGFC1
11th Nov 2006, 14:41
It's only two weeks to this event and I am the ONLY person so far who has booked in. :{ Isn't anyone else coming? :sad: :confused:

alphaalpha
14th Nov 2006, 06:33
No, HGFC1, you will not be alone (if the weather is kind). Bookings are coming in now.

What usually happens, is the majority of ppr bookings are made in the week or so before. But I try to post the dates here well in advance, so people can make a note in their diaries, talk to their mates, book an aircraft etc.

I'm working on the Sunday, so I may not see G-BNMF. Shame!

All the best
Alan.

alphaalpha
24th Nov 2006, 14:46
HGCF1 and other Prooner planning to come to Duxford this weekend:

The forecast for Saturday is pretty dreadful, but the picture for Sunday looks much better. If you have PPR for Saturday and want to swap to Sunday, that will be no problem, but we'd appreciate a call before you set out. Leave a message if the phone goes into message service. 01223 833376.

alphaalpha
26th Nov 2006, 15:26
There were highs and lows to the Bonus Charity weekend at Duxford:

The lows: The weather meant a lot of last minute cancellations and no shows. Great shame, especially as some people had gone to the trouble of buying one or two toys in advance. However, as always in flying, discretion is the better part of valor.

The highs: the people who made it did the children proud. Cash contributions and boxes and sacks of presents galore. Thank you all very much indeed from the airfield staff and on behalf of the charity East Anglian Childrens Hospice.

To those who had to cancell -- the last bonus day this year is Saturday 16th December -- all welcome to fly in for Christmas dinner. I'll start a separate thread in a week or so, but in the meantime, make a note in your diaries.

All the best
Alan.