PDA

View Full Version : Dussledorf Airport aircraft Relics Info required

al20a
26th Oct 2006, 20:50
I have passed through Dussledorf Airport on two occasions. The first time in Aug 1980 and the second Aug 1989. On the second occasion I visited the roof terrace and saw a JU-52 D-CIAK. I don't remember any other aircraft on the terrace at that time.
I also have a vague memory of seeing a Constellation at Dussledorf, but not sure if this was in 1980 or 1989 or is my memory playing tricks on me.
So my question is, on my departure back to the UK looking back at the airport from above would I have seen D-CIAK on top of the roof terrace back in 1980 as well. Also would I have seen a Constellation parked up in 1980 or 1989 or on both occasions.
If there was a Constellation, what's it's back ground and where is it today and does anyone have a photo of this aircraft at Dussledorf in the 1980's.

Albert

ionagh
27th Oct 2006, 09:26
I also have a vague memory of seeing a Constellation at Dussledorf, but not sure if this was in 1980 or 1989 or is my memory playing tricks on me.

I think that the L-1049G that is currently displayed at Munich was previously at Dusseldorf in the early 80's. It was originally F-BHML. IIRC the registration that was used at Dusseldorf was a 'dummy'.

al20a
27th Oct 2006, 14:55
Thanks ionagh,
Found the information at this connie site, due to you supplying me with a reg.

http://www.ruudleeuw.com/surviving_connies.htm

It was at Dussledorf in 1980 as D-ADAM in Air Classics colour scheme and It was moved from Düsseldorf to Frankfurt Rhein-Main Airport during June 1985.
So this also tells me it wasn't at Dussledorf in 1989.
Thanks again for giving me a lead to work on. If anyone has a photo of her in Air Classic colour scheme at Dussledorf, it would be fantastic.

Much appreciated
Albert