PDA

View Full Version : 8 November, nightlife

too many names
26th Oct 2006, 18:20
Hi everybody,

I will be in Hongkong 5 till 10 November for my final interview at CX which will be the 6th and 7th.

On the 8th I want to check out Hongkong's nightlife. Anyone out here who want to have a beer with me? Any good information on places where to go, restaurants/bars/clubs?

Thank you for your replies.

Numero Crunchero
28th Oct 2006, 16:22
Good luck with the interviews. I leave HKG on the 8th but I can suggest a couple of places...the gay bar...aka Dakotas in CX city(I assume they put you up in the headland hotel) or just go to Stauntons Wine bar. It is on Staunton st mid levels and almost literally under the escalator...you are bound to run into CX/KA or even QF pilots. If you drink in the gay bar(Dakotas) don't get drunk and throw nuts at anyone!

dartman
2nd Nov 2006, 17:52
there is always the slasher bar (aka The Aviator) in Tung Chung...
ok, in bad taste, but the beer is good.

sizematters
3rd Nov 2006, 02:17
wow, stunningly good recommendations, your probably better off buying a can of paint and watching it dry than going in the gay bar (Dakota's).......and as for wanting to meet a load of CX/KA or QF guys, well, if your that way inclined, so be it..........................
Personally I'd head to the Wanch (Wanchai) Get the S64 bus from outside CX City to tung chung then the MTR to central and so to Wanchai, head to "New Makati" Dusk till dawn and then Fenwicks after 10pm or even Neptune 2........................all these places ensure you'll meet a nice class of girl whilst enjoing a few ales..............................

Party on Dudes !!!

natops
3rd Nov 2006, 10:39
I agree with sizematters.
But make sure you go out AFTER the interview okay!
Somebody tried it before.....
Have fun! :ok:

LRpilot
3rd Nov 2006, 11:28
Hy too many names,
are you on the selection program as DEFO for Europe or what?
Just curiosity,i'm waiting for the call..

Fly747
3rd Nov 2006, 11:50
Or "lick my thong" (lan kwai fong) first for a few warmers and then the Wanch. 8th will be Ladies night so don't forget Carnegies too where you will meet a better class of hooker than Fenwicks.
Bring your current airline ID with you and ask for airline discount!
"You stay airport, too far na!"