PDA

View Full Version : Gatwick Class 1 booking system...grrrr!

Finals19
25th Oct 2006, 16:35
OK, so how frustrating is it trying to book an appointment for a JAA class 1 at Gatwick!!!!!!!!!:ugh:

Can anybody tell me what the standard procedure really is for this? All I am getting is an "all lines to the medical reception are busy, please leave your name and number for a return call"...well, I live on the west coast of Canada, so that ain't gonna work! I assume there is no other way of doing this? If I can elect a UK contact to do this for me, how long can one wait for this call to be returned????

Also, does anybody know what the cost of a JAR class 1 is if you already hold an ICAO class 1 medical (Canadian)

Cheers all...

:ok:

IRISHPILOT
26th Oct 2006, 12:03
Hello, why don't you fly to Europe through somewhere else? In my place, you need no appointment, they count your Canadian Class 1 as the initial (bring the full medical report!) and your renewal will take 3 hours and cost 55 Euros.
Then, if you really need a UK issued medical, you simply swap it (form to be filled out + fee).

Finals19
27th Oct 2006, 00:22
Thats not a bad idea. The good news is that after much trying, a friend of mine in the UK got through this morning, and I am now booked mid December. Thanks for the tip on the full medical report though - I will be off to the regional office of Transport Canada here in Vancouver to fish that out before heading off to LGW.

:ok:

YYZ
6th Nov 2006, 18:44
Why won't leaving your number work?
They have called me back in Canada before?

Glad you've managed to finally book in but why assume they cannot dial long numbers.....:}

YYZ