PDA

View Full Version : Headset help required

TheFlyingSquirrel
25th Oct 2006, 02:01
I have a pair of as new DC 10.13s with the 2 plug, GA type straight lead. I wanted to convert them to the single plug coil type lead for heli use. Is this an easy task to undertake and if so, where can I obtain the components ? The headset does not look like it comes apart easily. Using an adapter on the straight lead is unacceptable. Thanks folks.

Gomer Pylot
25th Oct 2006, 02:25
You can get parts from David Clark, or from some pilot supply stores. All you need is the cord. Changing the cord is not rocket science, if you have some mechanical dexterity and a little electrical knowledge. The wires should be held inside with screws, so no soldering is required. You just have to get the old cord out and thread the new one in. Using a drop of liquid soap helps get it through the strain relief. I've done this several times, having built my own headsets for years. It's easier with the DC headsets than with those I build from scratch using DC hearing protectors.

Gerhardt
25th Oct 2006, 11:42
or for $40 you can buy an adapter. Most avionics shops, Sporty's, and there's a perpetual listing on ebay.

thecontroller
25th Oct 2006, 12:39
maybe these folks?

http://www.headsetservices.com/

at shoreham i think

Spheriflex
25th Oct 2006, 12:42
Make shure, you have the right impedance(most eurocopter systems are low-impedance). The H10.13s is a high impedance headset, if i'm correct. It is also stereo, most helicopter are mono, so the best is to make a adapter-plug.
Good luck.