PDA

View Full Version : Welcome Senior Service to JPA

Dominoe
23rd Oct 2006, 17:31
Did anybody out there manage to successfully log onto JPA today? Welcome to the Navy - how was JPA for you?

Ginseng
24th Oct 2006, 10:36
That was for HR Professionals only. I have successfully logged on as an RAF Self-Service User today - on schedule! RN Self-Service Managers and Users won't get acces until early Nov (the 6th I think).

Regards

Ginseng

ChezTanker
24th Oct 2006, 14:08
Yep - no probs with JPA at all. As mentioned before I was on det for the first couple of weeks that JPA was online. I personally have had no probs at all - due to personal circumstances JPA (read HR staff) have had to jump thru a few interesting hoops successfully on my behalf.:D

I know folks have had problems so just trying to balance the view.:ok:

Spotting Bad Guys
24th Oct 2006, 20:44
Latest op bulletin:

Operational Bulletin 0610-002 contained information on the User Access Control System and advised that system usage will now be permanently monitored.

The Access Control System protects the JPA system via two separate routes; firstly by restricting the rate at which people can access the system in any given moment and secondly by controlling the overall number of specific users who can be logged into JPA.

If the first type of restriction is activated ( “user ramp up” ) users will receive a message advising them that the maximum rate of log-ins has been temporarily exceeded and instructing them to retry. This type of restriction is only likely to be visible in peak access periods or during non normal events.

Tues 24 Oct will not be a “normal” activity day – following Monday’s reintroduction of RAF HR Professionals, JPA will be available to all RAF Self Service users for the first time in over a week and the initial set of RN professional users will be coming online. There is therefore a high probability that the Access Control System will be activated over peak periods to ensure that the system remains stable without performance degradation.

That would explain why our unit HR staff have been able to log on only once in the last 48 hours!

Come on, your airships - isn't it time to admit defeat and chuck it in the bin?