PDA

View Full Version : Paris CDG Question

EDIspotter
22nd Oct 2006, 17:59
Flying thru CDG from EDI to YYZ in a couple of weeks time.

Air France website states EDI flight arrives terminal 2F and YYZ flight seems to depart 2F also.

How difficult / easy will my transfer be ?

Baggage will be checked right thru from EDI and should have boarding passes fully issued at EDI.

Should it just be a case of going straight from arrivals to departures and thru security ?

I've heard stories of folk being collected at the apron by minibuses and driven straight to the other plane......

Should be a decent journey anyway. a wee 142 out of EDI and then a 'bus 343 to YYZ - and we've got a row of 2 booked for us.

Edit: I have ads , wheres my cheque admin....lol

manintheback
22nd Oct 2006, 19:48
In theory straightforward. But dont underestimate the ability for your luggage to disappear transiting CDG - somewhat common.

EDIspotter
22nd Oct 2006, 20:05
In theory straightforward. But dont underestimate the ability for your luggage to disappear transiting CDG - somewhat common.

Yeah, I've heard about this :\

If only the transfer time was a bit longer I'd just insist on collecting my luggage and the checking in again......

CHIVILCOY
22nd Oct 2006, 21:53
Stop worrying EDIspotter you have knocked it off arriving and departing from 2F it will be a breeze and your luggage will be ok unless of course your flight from EDI is late which I very much doubt being the first of the morning.

Enjoy the A340 and the service, both are very good.

skydriller
23rd Oct 2006, 18:26
Flying thru CDG from EDI to YYZ in a couple of weeks time.

ENGLISH Please!!

I have however worked out you are transiting Paris CDG:}

I seem to recall from last week that CDG is an airport that expects you to leave airside in order to transit to another flight, so you will need to clear security again in Paris; takes as long as it takes :ugh: :rolleyes:

Is there still work in Progress in 2E/2F area? Anyone?

Regards, SD..

ZFT
23rd Oct 2006, 18:56

Same experience. Now I ALWAYS recheck in at CDG, even if it means taking a later connection.

EDIspotter
23rd Oct 2006, 19:01
ENGLISH Please!!

I have however worked out you are transiting Paris CDG:}

I seem to recall from last week that CDG is an airport that expects you to leave airside in order to transit to another flight, so you will need to clear security again in Paris; takes as long as it takes :ugh: :rolleyes:

Is there still work in Progress in 2E/2F area? Anyone?

Regards, SD..

Surely on an aviation forum CDG, EDI & YYZ are plain English...... ;)

The EDI flight is down as taking 135mins - this must be over-estimated, as another 10 mins and you can be at BCN...... so should have a good hour minimum from the moment I step off at CDG.