PDA

View Full Version : A Hero's Verdict

LFFC
22nd Oct 2006, 13:45
The Sunday Mirror - 22 October 2006

A HERO'S VERDICT (http://www.sundaymirror.co.uk/news/tm_headline=exclusive%2D-a-hero%2Ds-verdict-%26method=full%26objectid=17972289%26siteid=62484-name_page.html)

'Afghanistan is absolute chaos.. it makes Iraq look like a walk in the park'
MILITARY CROSS WINNER TREVOR 'SPEEDY' COULT
By Rupert Hamer Defence Correspondent

"He was still alive but we were taking a huge amount of fire. We went round and round the LZ returning fire, trying to clear it. But it was incredibly hot. I heard the Chinook chopper coming in and when it got close, the Taliban were pouring in fire towards it.

"They were firing rocket-propelled grenades, small arms and machine gun fire at it, but still it came in. The pilot and crew were incredibly brave."

Trevor and the rest of the team managed to get their badly wounded mate into the helicopter, which took off at once."

Makes me feel very humble!

Chugalug2
22nd Oct 2006, 14:01
Yes indeed LFFC, humble and awed that our guys are displaying such incredible bravery in such immensely dangerous circumstances. What a generous and heartfelt tribute to the SH guys as well. All that can be done by BOF's like me is to bang on and on to get them the kit that might make it slightly less hazardous. Well done 'Speedy' and everyone else. Good luck to those there now. Stay safe guys!
Chug