PDA

View Full Version : Sierra Flight Academy

knma'91
19th Oct 2006, 03:06
Hey does anybody know anything about this school. How they treat students, how admin and their flight instructor are? I am currently going to another flight school to get my Private, Instrument, CFI and CFII and I am thinking of going to get my MEI and ATP somewhere else. Thinking about going to Seirra or an FBO and get my hours and my last two ratings, or should I just stay on with my current school and get them here. Any info is welcomed.

jamess115
8th Nov 2006, 22:25
do you mean sierra academy of aeronautics in livermore ca?

flyingtonka
11th Nov 2006, 13:12
I have known many people to try this place. All I will say is this: DO NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT GOING THERE.

menatti
6th Aug 2008, 08:54
Has anyone got up to date info on sierra academy, I am thinking of enroling for their pro pilot course but they say they only take students from airlines. I have managed to secure a job with an airline in africa but will finance my training. any idea on the costs of training and living?Is it as good as flight safety etc. Any info would be much appreciated

No RYR for me
6th Aug 2008, 13:26
I have managed to secure a job with an airline in africa but will finance my training. That is a new one for me... no licence and they hire you.... :confused: Did you pay for the interview? :rolleyes:

menatti
6th Aug 2008, 14:55
I have just graduated university and the company operates a cadet scheme but with that comes a long contract and they pay for training in south africa. I dont want to be tied to them forever.