PDA

View Full Version : Go Around at Munich

dowcipnis
18th Oct 2006, 14:13
Just outa curiosity, being new to the game but how often do you end up doing a go around in a 737? We were coming into Munich last sunday, apparently the ac due for immediate takeoff didnt understand the "immediate" bit so we ended up having a flying tour of the delights of the Munich countryside from pretty bloody low :)
Pilot didnt sound too impressed when he spoke a bit later.

SXB
18th Oct 2006, 22:17
I don't think it happens too often. I do 150+ sectors a year and in the last 5 years and I can count on one hand the number of 'go arounds' that I've experienced. The only time I was worried was when it happened twice while approaching Yerevan in an electrical storm on Bmed a good few years ago. On the first approach the aircraft got within a few metres of touchdown only to perform a go around but no information from the flightdeck (I assume they were busy) and after the second go around there was a non specific message about the next approach. When we finally landed I asked about the problem and was told the 'angle of descent' was not correct. No dramas in the cabin, most of the passengers were asleep.....

geraintw
19th Oct 2006, 00:28
For go arounds, I think JMK must be one of the worst, every flight i've had with XL seems to result in a go around. Even better, is when laying on the beach, you can see quite a few planes coming back around for a second go - must be because the place is so windy!