PDA

View Full Version : Where in the UK for a 'JP' jolly?

youngskywalker
17th Oct 2006, 00:21
Anybody know where in the UK my friend and I can get a jolly, say half hour or so in a Jet Provost? And how much? Would preferably have live bang seats also!

Ta:)

Edited to say, I'm only intersested if it's legal ie, perhaps cost sharing for a short trip perhaps! No bent charters!

Laundryman
17th Oct 2006, 06:50
I think there is one based at North Weald and a hunter I beleive you'll have to do the leg work to find out the details.

G-APDK
17th Oct 2006, 07:20
For a JP try Area 51/"Where Eagles Share" at North Weald, 01992 522594 or see their website .

TheKentishFledgling
17th Oct 2006, 09:12
Delta Jets (http://www.deltajets.com/) at Kemble are another possibility.

tKF

microlight AV8R
17th Oct 2006, 09:21
When you've done it, make sure you post some pictures for us mere mortals :)

xraf
17th Oct 2006, 09:35
Depends where you are but you can fly with Eddie Todd at Sandtoft. His website is jetprovostclub.com

:ok:

foxmoth
17th Oct 2006, 09:41
I believe the CAA are looking at stopping these operations and are using posts such as these as evidence so might be best not to put too much more on.:{

Abbeville
18th Oct 2006, 17:08
I believe the CAA are looking at stopping these operations and are using posts such as these as evidence so might be best not to put too much more on.:{

I think you will find they already have :mad:

A2QFI
18th Oct 2006, 17:36
Stopped on what grounds? Something to do with bang seats or licencing or what?

skydriller
18th Oct 2006, 19:28
Stopped on what grounds? Something to do with bang seats or licencing or what?

I second that question !!

There is obviously something going on 'cause the original poster re-posted when his thread disappeared this afternoon, following I presume mod intervention and a cryptic response about legalities.:suspect:

Besides, I still have taking a jet flight on my Christmas list....:}

Regards, SD..

18greens
18th Oct 2006, 20:45
The best way is to buy a share in one.

Fly it whenever you like, great instruction and from £1,000 for a share its got to be the best value share going. And he stories you can tell in the pub... better value than any Piper share.

foxmoth
19th Oct 2006, 01:43
Surely a bone fide flying school teaching people to fly jets would be OK to give trial lessons?

Unfortunately these aircraft, like many other machines that people would like to fly are operated on a CAA permit and so are not eligable to operate for instructional flights unless you are a part owner. Up to now the CAA had turned a bit of a blind eye, but it appears someone in the Belgrano has put his "Jobsworth" hat on. There are moves to sort out the situation but in the meantime it might be best not to go on too much about "you can fly this aircraft from here etc."
It is a shame that this has happened as it will mean the only people who will get to fly these machines will be an elite few who can afford at least a share rather than giving those who can afford it as a special one off a chance, it will probably also mean a number of these aircraft disappearing to the scrapheap rather than continuing to fly.

Barcli
19th Oct 2006, 09:45
would an aircraft on a CAA permit to fly still require an AOC then ? what about the vintage types , Tiger Moths, haravards etc that do pleasure flights at clubs? :rolleyes:

18greens
19th Oct 2006, 11:33
would an aircraft on a CAA permit to fly still require an AOC then ? what about the vintage types , Tiger Moths, haravards etc that do pleasure flights at clubs? :rolleyes:

You can't teach or give joy rides in a permit aircraft. All of those Harvards, Tigermoths etc all have C of As and are all run out of a Flying Training Organisations or under an AOC.

You can only convert onto a permit aircraft (no primary flying training) and I think you need to own a share in it to do so. The only other way is to know someone who has one and split the costs.

Barcli
19th Oct 2006, 14:41
so even if its on a C of A , does it need to be on an AOC ( assuming its not a trial lesson )? ops manual , chief pilot and all that ?

foxmoth
19th Oct 2006, 15:11
so even if its on a C of A , does it need to be on an AOC ( assuming its not a trial lesson )? ops manual , chief pilot and all that ?
If you fly someone as a lesson with a valid instructors rating and charge them for the flight then it needs a C of A and an FTO approval, If you charge someone for the flight outside of this (not talking cost sharing here) then it needs to be on a CofA and yes you do need all the other bits!:sad:

BEagle
19th Oct 2006, 16:31
FTO approval is not need. An RF may also conduct ab-initio training.

kemblejet01
20th Oct 2006, 09:21
I am currently in discussion with the CAA and other jet operators as to the precise implications of the wording of the ANO.

As these discussions are ongoing, it would be remiss of me to postulate as to the outcome. However, as I understand it, you CANNOT purchase a flight in a permit to fly aeroplane as it would be a public transport flight. This would be illegal as such flights are prohibited under the current ANO rules.

"Supporters clubs" are under scrutiny and, in any event, the insurance cover including all liability insurance would be invalidated.

The results of continuing discussions will become clearer in the coming weeks.

KMB01

Unusual Attitude
25th Oct 2006, 12:16
You can however buy a share in a JP3A for £1000 with £100 per month and circa £300 per hour Wet inc landing fee, PM me for more details.

We tend to cost share with other group members so you end up paying £150 each per hour.

Regards

UA