PDA

View Full Version : AS350B3 Type Conversion

Bladecrack
17th Oct 2006, 18:18
Hi all,
Does anyone know where i can do a AS350B3 conversion in the UK? Have tried all the usual suspects, some have approvals for the course, none have a B3 available. :ugh: If not in the UK maybe some of our Scandanavian friends could recommend somewhere over that neck of the woods as I know you are quite fond of the 350 series over there. Heres hoping....
Regards,
BC.

Queen O' the Skies
17th Oct 2006, 21:51
Try PremiAir - they had (use of) a B3 at Oxford about 18 months ago, I did mine with the CP and not the Chief Training Captain, and as far as I know Jim's still there.

QOS

perfrej
18th Oct 2006, 06:15
Scandinavia... I can tell you about the Swedish situation. There are currently only two FTO/TRTO organizations operational. They do a fair amount of trading with their "papers", so a few more locations than two are available for type rating. I beleive West Helicopter in Luleå would possibly be able to help you, or Kallaxflyg (also way up north). Bear Flight in Gothemburg holds an FTO. The biggest flight school operation is at Roslagens Helikopterflyg just north of Stockholm, and Christer Öhlund there will at least be able to point you in the right direction. His full FTO is used by the Luleå organizations as well. The school part of his operation is "Proflight".

I am slated for a type rating on the B3 next year, but I'll go down to southern France and take a factory check-out. The factory apparently holds a full FTO of JAR flavour. I would definately check there.

/per

katismo
18th Oct 2006, 11:13
perfrej,

What I know, the factory (Eurocopter) doesn't have a TRTO, FTO or any kind of JAR approval.

That's amazing, isn't it?:sad:

Easist way is to contact Swedish companies. They do very good work with training in JAR world.

Bladecrack
18th Oct 2006, 11:52
Hi All,
Thanks for the replys, I did speak to Jim at Premiair but no B3 available at the Min.
Eurocopter say they can do course in France, 4 days Groundschool and 6hrs flying, which I thought was a bit OTT for a SE Type Conversion, however even they said I would have to source my own B3 as they dont have one available :ugh:
The B3 I would be flying came from Sweden (swedish reg) and its pilot did the rating there, but he is out of the country for a while and I cant get the details off him.
Any further help appreciated,
Regards,
BC.

perfrej
18th Oct 2006, 14:19
perfrej,

What I know, the factory (Eurocopter) doesn't have a TRTO, FTO or any kind of JAR approval.

That's amazing, isn't it?:sad:

Easist way is to contact Swedish companies. They do very good work with training in JAR world.

Strange... I talked to the Swedish rep, and apparently they are now supposed to have one. I'd better check before I accept the rating from them...

dunnarunna
18th Oct 2006, 17:22
Call Roly James on 01256 783999, he should be able to sort you out.

Xavier Dosh
19th Oct 2006, 12:42
I'll be honest I don't know for sure, but you could try London Helicopter Centres??

Try Marcus

They have a new AS350 (G-CDTD?)

Maybe they could help

Aesir
19th Oct 2006, 13:53
I assume you need a "Differences" course? You already hold a 350 type rating don´t you.

JAR-FCL 2.220 app1 says that your AS350 typerating should be endorsed in your licence as "AS350/350B3" but you of course still need "D" check to fly one if you have never flown it before!

Then you only need a review of the flight manual and at least 1 hours differences training with an instructor. There is no need for a FTO or TRTO for "D" training. If you have or know someone that has B3 find an instructor and get the "D" training from him.

But then again you have some different view of JAR regulations in the UK than the rest of JAA world so it may not apply in the UK.

I can actually give you the familiarisation right now! It´s easy:

Batt on
Fuel pump on
Helicopter on
Fuel pump off.....and you are ready to fly! Loosen the frictions and turn on some radios if you want and have fun ;)

GoodGrief
19th Oct 2006, 14:03
Well, Eurocopter is a TRTO, you can get a type rating there, but they don't have any helicopters.
They do charter from companies whatever machine is needed.
I did my EC135 rating with them.

Bladecrack
19th Oct 2006, 15:38
Hi All,
As my origional post said, "Type Rating" not "differences"!!
Anyway....
Making some progress... LHC - said no (B2)
Found a possible.. TBC
Thanx anyway guys.
Regards,
BC.

Ned-Air2Air
19th Oct 2006, 19:05
Heliaviation have a nice new B3 there in their fleet but not sure if they use it for training.

www.heliaviation.co.uk

Aesir
19th Oct 2006, 19:08
Bladecrack. Seems to me you said "AS350B3 Type Conversion" I misunderstood you and thought you wanted conversion to B3 from B series.

Good luck on your initial AS350/350B3 Type rating course.

Bladecrack
20th Oct 2006, 10:45
Thanks Guys,
I will check 'em out!
Regards,
BC

goose boy
23rd Oct 2006, 16:28
If I was you I would stay clear of the company at goodwood unless you like dealing with cowboys.