PDA

View Full Version : What Next ?

Mach75
17th Oct 2006, 18:07
I was really happy to see that the proposed CoS 07 was voted down by a significantly large margin. First of all - thanks to everyone who voted for looking out for us new-hires. I'm just wondering, what happens next? Is the proposal going back on the table for further modification or has it been scrapped all together? Is the AOA expected to make an announcement at some point or do we just have to sit & wait to see what the management's next move will be?

The Management
18th Oct 2006, 00:02
We talk to the aoa and what we call “CX negotiating”. We put on the table what we are willing to give and tell the aoa to vote on it. If and when it is turned down, usually we inject it. If the pilots protest, in the form of work to rule, we fire pilots (mostly aoa committee members, the very ones trying to help your lot). This helps with future negotiations and voting.

Everyone runs for cover i.e. quit the aoa and become a very compliant workforce. We have our new contract. The pilots complain for a few years, very quietly of course. After a few years, the pilots forgive and forget what we have done. We tell them to “move on”.

We come back for more.

The aoa will announce The Company is not willing to improve any of the offer and it will be put to a revote. The pilots will believe (and will be told by CX and the aoa) “it is the best you will ever receive”. The pilots will endorse the new vote and it will be inserted.

Don’t expect conditions the pilots enjoy at the moment.

If we fallback to the “Fallback Agreement” it will curtail our expansion somewhat but we are willing to make the pilot workforce wretched (which we enjoy). The pilot workforce will be so despondent after 6-8 months, the pilots will be willing to sign any contract. We will have this on standby, with less favorable conditions of course.

What you don’t realize, we cannot afford to have our expansion plans curtailed. We have told the aoa to extend the “Fallback Agreement” until the end of April. It helps the Company tremendously.

It is advisable to continue to answer your phone, work on G-days, use discretion or whatever is asked of you by the company. I reality we shouldn’t have to ask, it should be done. By the way, we are keeping track, especially your sick leave, so act accordingly.

We like to thank all the new and current Training Captains who have signed up to help us through this expansion. Without you, all this will not be possible. Unfortunately will not be able to increase your pay, we need it for the expansion. We don’t want to set a precedent,do we. All those other pilots will want a pay increase. However, please continue to answer your phone and we will promise/attempt to give better rosters and less roster disruptions.

The Management